Your Most Valuable U2 Item?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've posted some more pics of my U2 collectibles on my profile page in the album section. I've been lost in U2 land taking inventory. The time flew, but I hardly made a dent. I swear I am staying away from ebay.

1. The memory of my first U2 concert: June 22, 2001. What a revelation!
I had spent most of the 90's in a Metal & Grunge haze.:huh:

2.Freezing my arse off on a whim in Boston, getting Edge's autograph.

( I used to have the trabant, blew it up even. Damn thing was half the size of my sofa! I sold it a week later on Ebay.):doh:

Hmm, its a tough call. But I would say Larry's sticks used at the Clemson 97 show.

Larryssticks.jpg

A couple of other things I would put equal value on but I wont mention them here! ;)

:love: are they from ebay?

Yes. A woman had put up one pin for sale, and I sent her a message asking of its origin since I had never seen it before. This was around the Pop tour. Maybe just after. Anyway, she wrote me back stating that her husband had worked for the company that designed the merchandise for the U2 tours, but that it had been sold to another company. She had helped her husband pack up his desk when she noticed some merchandise laying around. Since it was the stuff not selected for the tour, it was going to be tossed. She saw value in it, and the rest was to my benefit. At the time, I couldn't afford all of the pins/key chains/patches, so my friend purchased the other half.

According to the woman, there were only 2 samples of each one made. I do not know if the twins got tossed or if someone else has them.

U2 treasures

To me it would be several things since I am old timer here, they are:

1) 1987 JT Tour Itinary

2) (2) Used Shirts worn by Road Crew during the filming of the Rattle & Hum movie.

3) Blow Up Trabant

4) Original U23 12 Inch

5) U2 Four Pac #2

I have LOTS of others but can't think of them all off hand.

I have the original With or Without You cd single, also SHFWILF and BTBS

That are pretty kewl items ;)

Also best seat tickets in the house to U2 Gothernburg 31. Juli ;)

1. My Larry Mullen Drumstick.....given to me by the man himself.
3403110242_ee79bd837f.jpg

2.1 These two signatures. Bono picture taken in Philly, signed by him in Toronto after I sang AMAAW for him. He was impressed and wrote - Hey little brother, take the heat from the sun - BONO.

2.2 Probably my most famous picture I've ever taken of the band was on the Elevation tour. Bono kisses Adam. I capture it on my disposable camera. I blow up the picture and get it signed by Adam in Toronto. He was quite surprised when he saw this picture.
n512545446_4102121_818.jpg

3. The green pick. I love the tour picks that are given out by the roadies. But this green pick was given to me in Cleveland right after the show while I was hanging over the railing. I was given two of them and by looking at them, one of them was used and one was not. I was supposed to give Gvox one of the two. However, a man had one of his two daughters pulled up on stage. The other daughter looked really, really sad. So I gave her the other green pick and kept one for myself. Gvox forgave me. ;)
n512545446_4102154_3121.jpg

Yes. A woman had put up one pin for sale, and I sent her a message asking of its origin since I had never seen it before. This was around the Pop tour. Maybe just after. Anyway, she wrote me back stating that her husband had worked for the company that designed the merchandise for the U2 tours, but that it had been sold to another company. She had helped her husband pack up his desk when she noticed some merchandise laying around. Since it was the stuff not selected for the tour, it was going to be tossed. She saw value in it, and the rest was to my benefit. At the time, I couldn't afford all of the pins/key chains/patches, so my friend purchased the other half.

According to the woman, there were only 2 samples of each one made. I do not know if the twins got tossed or if someone else has them.

What a lucky find , it would have been a shame if they were thrown away .
It's a very nice Popmart collection . :drool:

gorgeous thread :bow: . . . just love reading everyones stories, its so interesting :yes:

valuable itemss - not really a big collector so have nothing that would really float any one elses boat but my fave things

- tix from the shows . . .Lovetown, ZooTv Sydney (was at the one that Adam wasn't!) , Popmart, Vertigo
- 12" singles off JT album (cuz they are just so darn pretty all lined up together :) )
- but favourite of all is the Achtung Baby album bought in dublin, still has the little price sticker on it . . . it doesn't look or sound any different to any of the other albums but I just love the little memory thrill I get whenever I look at it :yes:

I don't own anything of any real value, but my copy of "Boy" (the first U2 album I bought back in late 2004, early 2005), you couldn't rip out of my hands if you tried. 100% sentimental value.

In terms of monetary value, I really want to buy a NLOTH lithograph. Just not in the budget right now :( I'll put that 25% off coupon to good use though :)

well its doesn't sound like much compared to what i've heard so far, but for me my prized possessions have to be the No Line on the Horizon vinyl signed by Edge and Adam, and a picture I took with Larry on the same day :heart:. I got to talk to them three a little bit, and i got to talk to Dallas a bit to; so they hold a lot of sentimental value as well, seeing as how its the first time I've ever talked to them.

Mine would have to be my U2 tickets, for the vertigo tour.

I will keep them forever.
1. Because it U2
2. Because it was the first big concert I've ever been too.

I know that its only a bit of cardboard, and I have an u2 ipod and cds and everything else, but its something I will be able to keep forever and it will never go out of fashion and I can show my kids when im old. :D[/quote

thats the same as me
my first big concert was also u2 vertigo tour
nothing will ever live up to that
and i have my ticket framed with sum pics i took that night

I love all your stories solacevip :applaud:

Thanks...I really appreciate it. My non U2 friends do as well.

This might deserve another thread....but I have to put it in here. This is a melt your heart kinda story. For me it's Twilight Zone meets U2! Freaky stuff.

Elevation tour and digital cameras are hard to come by. I couldn't afford one.....so I always used my trusty disposable camera with 800 speed. No big deal. Gvox and I fly to Miami.....and I see a little girl with a license plate that says IN2U2 from Illinois. Not to reveal to much but like lots of folks, her and her mother had come to the show for some healing from a family tragedy. I was impressed that such a little girl had stamina to be in the GA all day. Totally good vibes. I loved the license plate. (perhaps it convinced me to get my own)

I have this entire scrap book of "film" U2 pictures from the Elevation tour that I carried with me. It was my first U2 picture book with all the pictures taken by me.

Fast forward to the Vertigo Tour. I'm waiting the GA for the first show all day long. I'm showing off my scrap book and of course my new digital camera. I'm ready for this tour. No more film when all of a sudden, a girl and her mom pass me by. I look once....I look again.....I look again! Holy crap. Four years have passed and I see a face that I remember somehow. But where? I pause....I think...and then I start to run after them. Then it hits me.

IT'S THE SAME GIRL!!!!! The same girl from December 2001 in Miami.....all of a sudden in September 2005, TORONTO. In my city!

I run after her like a mad man. She looks at me....Mom looks confused....I'm out of breath....so I hold up my photo album and they are both speechless. I present to her the picture that I took of her four years ago. As you all know....most little girls change quite a bit in four years! She was taller and older.

So I had to take a picture of her (when she was little) holding the picture in 2005. I told her to keep the picture. It was one more magical thing to add to the day.

Boy us U2 fans are crazy!

00061_00466_20050912_105253_4710_B4955D_md.jpg

00061_00466_20050912_105318_4595_895B22_md.jpg

So maybe not a valuable item....but how about a valuable moment?

I added a few more pics on my profile page if anyone is interested.

Solicevip...what a terrific story. And I love your pics! My collectibles are cool, but not half as cool as you!

I have to add my pic of me with Bono. It is not a great pic, but better than nothing.

This might deserve another thread....but I have to put it in here. This is a melt your heart kinda story. For me it's Twilight Zone meets U2! Freaky stuff.

00061_00466_20050912_105253_4710_B4955D_md.jpg

00061_00466_20050912_105318_4595_895B22_md.jpg

So maybe not a valuable item....but how about a valuable moment?

We've had so many magic moments like that Mark. Just incredible really :up:

How about me calling you to tell you how I got into the arena in Miami? :shifty:

Or calling you from wherever (can't remember) telling you I had a setlist as a present for you? (isn't that the one in the pic? i forget)

So many good times!!

Am I the only person here who DOESN'T have something personally signed by the band? How do all of you people get a chance to meet them?

On topic my most valuable items are-
Original U2 Ipod
October, War and UF picture disc LPs
Vertigo ticket stub

I've only been into music for about 4 years and i've only seen U2 once (would be more but U2 decided that one Scottish Vertigo show was plenty) and i'm still only 21 and a skint student, so I guess i'm doing ok all things considered and I have a bit of time to add to the collection yet :D

Back
Top Bottom