Your favourite u2 show on each tour??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rennowba

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Elevation tour

I got into u2 in 2000 for some reason or another I never went to the elevation tour even though there was a show 10 miles from me. I was only 14 so maybe that was it. Remember some kids from school going though

Vertigo tour

I did Manchester, twickenham and glasgow. Manchester was the first one and I remember being in awe of how good u2 were compared to any other band I had seen. The stage show was great.

Manchester was my favourite, it was my first u2 show

360 tour

I did Wembley, Cardiff and Dublin

The claw was unreal and the sound at these concerts were the best sound I'd ever heard at a gig. I was in the gods for Wembley just to see the claw in all it's wonder, Dublin was an experience. Seeing u2 there for the first time was special. The place was u2 mad. Cardiff was the best I had seen u2 to date though.

Cardiff the best for me but Dublin was such a good experience aswell

Saw them at Glastonbury which was good but i was a big Glastonbury goer at the time and it was a dream seeing them there. It probably didn't reach expectations because they were so high. Set list was abit all over the place. Good but probably the worst I'd seen them to date. Plus the rain was ridiculous

I&e tour

Did 3 London shows. One in the gods to take in the staging. The first one I was standing and the last one I was. The last one was unreal, everything about it was perfect, setlist, crowd etc. For me seeing u2 indoors was special. They had only toured indoors twice in my time so it was so good.

London 6 the best for me and maybe the best I'd seen them to date

Joshua tree tour

Did twickenham 2 and Dublin. Still on cloud 9 from these shows. Dublin was an amazing experience again. Shows were very similar but I'd maybe say twickenham 2 just because I was so emotional at this gig compared to Dublin. Probably the best stadium gigs I've been to but not sure if it beat London 6 on the i&e tour

Twickenham 2

Wanna travel to mainland Europe for e&i

Elevation tour

I got into u2 in 2000 for some reason or another I never went to the elevation tour even though there was a show 10 miles from me. I was only 14 so maybe that was it. Remember some kids from school going though

Vertigo tour

I did Manchester, twickenham and glasgow. Manchester was the first one and I remember being in awe of how good u2 were compared to any other band I had seen. The stage show was great.

Manchester was my favourite, it was my first u2 show

360 tour

I did Wembley, Cardiff and Dublin

The claw was unreal and the sound at these concerts were the best sound I'd ever heard at a gig. I was in the gods for Wembley just to see the claw in all it's wonder, Dublin was an experience. Seeing u2 there for the first time was special. The place was u2 mad. Cardiff was the best I had seen u2 to date though.

Cardiff the best for me but Dublin was such a good experience aswell

Saw them at Glastonbury which was good but i was a big Glastonbury goer at the time and it was a dream seeing them there. It probably didn't reach expectations because they were so high. Set list was abit all over the place. Good but probably the worst I'd seen them to date. Plus the rain was ridiculous

I&e tour

Did 3 London shows. One in the gods to take in the staging. The first one I was standing and the last one I was. The last one was unreal, everything about it was perfect, setlist, crowd etc. For me seeing u2 indoors was special. They had only toured indoors twice in my time so it was so good.

London 6 the best for me and maybe the best I'd seen them to date

Joshua tree tour

Did twickenham 2 and Dublin. Still on cloud 9 from these shows. Dublin was an amazing experience again. Shows were very similar but I'd maybe say twickenham 2 just because I was so emotional at this gig compared to Dublin. Probably the best stadium gigs I've been to but not sure if it beat London 6 on the i&e tour

Twickenham 2

Wanna travel to mainland Europe for e&i

Twickenham 2 was the most incredible live show i've ever seen

I've only seen multiple shows on Elevation and Vertigo. On Elevation, all shows were in Philadelphia and I don't remember them well enough to discern which was the best.

On Vertigo, though, I saw them in Boston and on the final show in Hawaii. I have to say that the Hawaii show is definitely up there in my greatest concert experiences of all time, maybe only being beaten by Popmart in Philadelphia which, as a 13 year old was just this immense sensory overload that it'll be hard to ever top.

Mmm

Cheating a bit with IE tour!

IE Dublin 3- something special that night, don't know whether it was the set list or just because it was Dublin, almost lost it when they played Bad unexpectedly in the encore

IE Amsterdam 4- I said going in I'd love to hear Bad and 40, ( I hadn't seen the setlists so didn't know what they played), we got those 2 plus Magnificent- what a night

360 Tour- tough to pick- so many stand outs- I think Brussels 2 in 2010, pouring rain all night long, but it was a great show, or Dublin 2 from 2009- MLK and Unforgettable Fire

Vertigo- Dublin 1- first time in Dublin, first time queueing for gold circle from early morning. At one point the other 80000 people vanished and it was just me and the band

TJT Anniversary tour- I guess it would be Barcelona or Rome 2- can't pick between them

Prior to Vertigo I didn't do multiple shows on each tour

Back
Top Bottom