Your favourite live intro to Where The Streets Have No Name?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Where The Shreets Have No Name

One of the biggest WTF moments on the Elevation Boston DVD.

And it's allegedly a tribute to Dustin Diamond and Saved by the Bell. Which makes the WTF factor even greater.

That always bugged me, too. Like, 'oh, here's Bono's Sean Connery impersonation, randomly in the middle of a song.'

Same thing happened in Live Aid. 'Shunday Bloody Shunday.'

If there were a "true" audio or video bootleg, ie, a fan shot/recorded with the audio coming from a condenser mic just located in the audience, that would certainly tell alot. Does such a bootleg exist?

Anybody on here actually attend this show? Can anybody shed light?

This is an interesting topic!

A pro-shot of Sydney or Dublin 89 is a U2 grail, no doubt.

WTF are you guys talking about?

Bono pronouncing 's' sounds like "sh" occasionally.

Edit: I was going to post the Live Aid video, but now that I watch it, it's not there. I could have sworn he pronounced it "Shunday Bloody Shunday" when introducing the song. Either I was thinking about a different performance, or my bootleg MP3 is wonky. ;)

Bono pronouncing 's' sounds like "sh" occasionally.

Edit: I was going to post the Live Aid video, but now that I watch it, it's not there. I could have sworn he pronounced it "Shunday Bloody Shunday" when introducing the song. Either I was thinking about a different performance, or my bootleg MP3 is wonky. ;)

Oh I've definitely heard it on several performances of the song.

It's really bugging me now. I swear I can hear him saying it in my head, sounding like he's half in the bag or something. Could have sworn it was from Live Aid.

It's definitely in that Boston version of Streets, though. Ha.

Well, maybe it was like when the Shine Like Stars coda from WOWY turned into "One", perhaps the "Sh-" in Streets later turned into "Shush now". So the Schtreets was good practice. :)

ha!

Something like that was his intention, yeah.

man, if that's a real thing Bono tried to do, then i'm sure sorry i now know that.

(apologies for missing capitalization. my left shift key has gone wonky)

Same thing happened in Live Aid. 'Shunday Bloody Shunday.'

I remembered that, too. I thought it was when Bono introduced the song.

I just checked youtube for Live Aid videos of the song and the 'shunday' part was not there in the intro. Do you think it could have been edited out? I remember hearing a story that Bono had a tooth pulled/filled that day or the day before. I still have the original video tape somewhere. I'll have to check it out--now to see if the VCR still works.

I remembered that, too. I thought it was when Bono introduced the song.

I just checked youtube for Live Aid videos of the song and the 'shunday' part was not there in the intro. Do you think it could have been edited out? I remember hearing a story that Bono had a tooth pulled/filled that day or the day before. I still have the original video tape somewhere. I'll have to check it out--now to see if the VCR still works.

Okay, I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembered that!

Back
Top Bottom