Your Favorite Bono Ad Lib? Least Favorite?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not as unique as you might think! Bono did it five times total on Lovetown (that I've found so far). Though to be fair I can't recall if all of the other four instances involved Edge adding the notes like on 1989-12-31, or if it was just Bono.[/QUOTE]

Well i never knew that. Note to myself, must listen to Lovetown shows other than the Dublin ones more often. Good job i added Edge in there:lol:

"Sadness in the culture, man, you know, you, don't you want to say. Got to feelin' like I'm, like I'm, like I'm on my way. Girls, I want you to all say what to feel. Got the manacle, man, of voice and steel. Got the flaxen locks. He got the eyes of clocks. I wish him stay up on the boat until he kill the jocks. I got the super soul. He got the man of steel. He got the higher with the feeling in the meanest feel. Keep on rockin' in the free world."

Wat? :scratch:

That was my pick for worst as well.

I think the fact Bono was drinking throughout the whole PJ show probably didn't help matters.

'Rock and roll band' in Desire, Lovetown Rotterdam

and

'Twist and shout' in A Day Without Me

Bono does this incredibly powerful snippet or something I'm not sure cause I can't quite make out the lyrics...but it's at the end of the solo in All I Want Is You from the 11-30-06 Japan show....fuck it's good....listen to it...now...it's awesome

I loved the In A Little While "snippets" on the last tour, though I wish they'd performed all of the song instead just half of it, it wasn't even a proper snippet, but on some nights, Bono was just going into full improvisation mode and made up some hilarious lyrics.

I love the performance of 'Please' from the Tibetan concert in 1998, at the end Bono sings a snippet of 'Hallelujah' in tribute to Jeff Buckley who had recently died - very moving.

Well i never knew that. Note to myself, must listen to Lovetown shows other than the Dublin ones more often. Good job i added Edge in there:lol:

Everybody should listen to more Lovetown shows more often. :wink:

'Twist and shout' in A Day Without Me

Just curious - when did that happen? The only Twist And Shout snippet I know of occured during Elevation on 6 May 2001.

The bit of Oasis's "Hello" at the end of Vertigo: "Good to be back, good to be back! Hello!". Really summed up the feeling of the whole tour, for me.

Also, anyone who went to night 2 in DC during the Vertigo tour was treated to an ad-lib of "People I Don't Know Are Trying To Kill Me" during The Electric Co. which gave the song an even more manic, frantic edge.

Back
Top Bottom