Your Best U2 22 Seconds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BWU2Buffs

War Child
Leveraging the other thread, please humor me none the less -- sincere request.

What is the best 22 second snippet from a U2 boot / live performance in your mind?

Why do I ask?
I present in two weeks in front of a crowd of 100 colleagues – they all know me and my U2 passion.

The coordinators gave us 20 seconds of “intro music” to select as we approach the stage.

What 20 to 25 second clip should I use?

My first thoughts –

Bono wailing then into Edge guitar during Streets – Slane

WOWY “we’ll shine like stars in a summer’s…” – JT era bootleg.

Some snip of Pride or I Will Follow.

Suggestions please -- and thanks!

Leveraging the other thread, please humor me none the less -- sincere request.

What is the best 22 second snippet from a U2 boot / live performance in your mind?

Why do I ask?
I present in two weeks in front of a crowd of 100 colleagues – they all know me and my U2 passion.

The coordinators gave us 20 seconds of “intro music” to select as we approach the stage.

What 20 to 25 second clip should I use?

My first thoughts –

Bono wailing then into Edge guitar during Streets – Slane

WOWY “we’ll shine like stars in a summer’s…” – JT era bootleg.

Some snip of Pride or I Will Follow.

Suggestions please -- and thanks!

I think any Streets intro would be epic.

Or the intro of Beautiful Day.

Or Pride from a LoveTown show, when Bono shouts, "You've got PRIDE...IN THE NAME OF LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE" as Edge starts the riff. Sounds really cool.

Probably wouldn't work for an intro, but mine is the "all that you fashion" part of Walk On from the Elevation era.

well surely something, for when you are walking to the stage:

beginning of Zoo Station Live in Sydney with Edge guitar riffs and quick edit jump to the familiar sound to cut out the middle part of the beginning to the continous of Lead and Bass to hear Larry and Edge sing Zoo Station twice as it fades.

beginning of Zoo Station Live in Sydney with Edge guitar riffs and quick edit jump to the familiar sound to cut out the middle part of the beginning to the continous of Lead and Bass to hear Larry and Edge sing Zoo Station twice as it fades.

This. :up:

The beginning of Mofo, the guitar solo/bridge of Miracle Drug or the guitar solo from Magnificent could work, too.

RTSS into Streets from ZooTV

Intro of The Fly from 360/Glastonbury 2011

The slide solo from Mysterious Ways....but only if you'll come in belly dancing. :rimshot:

Chicago 9/21/05 during "Bad" when Bono surprises the crowd with the first lines of "The First Time and then The Edge plays the guitar part. that was at least the best moment for me personally attending a concert, and i still get the chills when i listen to it.

Chicago 9/21/05 during "Bad" when Bono surprises the crowd with the first lines of "The First Time and then The Edge plays the guitar part. that was at least the best moment for me personally attending a concert, and i still get the chills when i listen to it.

No. Way.

I've never heard this before.

I need to. Like, now.

No. Way.

I've never heard this before.

I need to. Like, now.

it's an excellent show overall. an acoustic version of WGRYWH, a pretty kick ass version of Electric Co., Fast Cars. the band was really on that night. the best i've seen them perform in person.

it's an excellent show overall. an acoustic version of WGRYWH, a pretty kick ass version of Electric Co., Fast Cars. the band was really on that night. the best i've seen them perform in person.

That's awesome, I'll have to check it out.

Do you know how good the quality is of the recording that's up on U2Start?

thanks for all the posts -- anyone remember what song and tour Bono said something like " this is is for all the brave men and women in the US military" -- I want to say Elevation tour post 9-11 and RTSS???

TheEdge25 said:
That's awesome, I'll have to check it out.

Do you know how good the quality is of the recording that's up on U2Start?

Should be really good. My copy is fantastic!

mikal said:

Except for the night before, which was even better :drool: :wink:

Back
Top Bottom