Yay! Bono actually declined something!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ha! I just read a blurb about Oprah offering him a show.

I'd be lying if I said this didn't make me a little relieved.

Why does his decline even matter, exactly? Does going on Oprah mean you've sold your soul to the devil? Does turning it down necessarily mean one is more principled than another? :rolleyes:

Besides, he's already been on it.

No, we're not talking about him being on Oprah, she offered him his own show on her new network. Quite a difference.

Not going on Oprah, but having his own show. It would be incredibly time consuming and I'd rather have him work on new music instead.

Besides that it would only fuel the Bono bashing.

Why does his decline even matter, exactly? Does going on Oprah mean you've sold your soul to the devil? Does turning it down necessarily mean one is more principled than another? :rolleyes:

Besides, he's already been on it.

?
She offered him his own television show.

geez. I was beaten to the punch twice in the same minute.

I was really close to calling him out on it too, but decided to say "fuck it" instead. We could have had four people say the exact same thing in four consecutive posts!

I had a flash of a rowdy audience chanting "BO-NO! BO-NO!" a la "JER-RY! JER-RY!"

I know it wouldn't necessarily have been a talk show, but that's all I can picture. :lol:

We could have all the people on interference as guests, weeping about how U2 sold out, and how an album full of Slugs >>> 00's albums. Then Paul McGuinness comes out and throws chairs at people.

BO-NO! BO-NO!

Larry would tell fans to fuck off, fans would burst into tears.

Edge would bust out from backstage in full One drag ...

He's done some interesting columns for the New York Times, but that's as far as he should go with journalism. After all, he has to devote some time to his real job, for us! :wink:

No, we're not talking about him being on Oprah, she offered him his own show on her new network. Quite a difference.

Holy crap, really? I hadn't heard that.

That news surprises me. Bono turning down the offer doesn't. I can't ever see him actually accepting such a job.

That being said, however, I'd really kind of like to see this scenario:

We could have all the people on interference as guests, weeping about how U2 sold out, and how an album full of Slugs >>> 00's albums. Then Paul McGuinness comes out and throws chairs at people.

BO-NO! BO-NO!

:lol: :applaud:! Now if we could just squeeze in something about paternity tests...:hmm:...

(There's a job for us PLEBAns gals :wink:)

Angela

BO-NO! BO-NO!

:laugh:

Providing he can lift them, of course.

I didn't think he would accept, but you never know what Bono is going to do. I can see him doing something like this when he's old, but not when he's still so active with U2 and a million other things already.

What if it was like Elvis Costello's show?

Honestly, I don't think you guys are seeing the potential here.

What do people who've talked to him say? He's engaging. He always remembers their names or something about them. He listens and is a great conversationalist. He's got a dry sense of humour.

I think it would be great. You guys suck. :down:

:wink:

What if it was like Elvis Costello's show?

Honestly, I don't think you guys are seeing the potential here.

What do people who've talked to him say? He's engaging. He always remembers their names or something about them. He listens and is a great conversationalist. He's got a dry sense of humour.

I think it would be great. You guys suck. :down:

:wink:

I think it would be great, too, but it's just not the right time for it.

Back
Top Bottom