Yay! Bono actually declined something!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aw come on, I've only seen about 10 seconds of it, and it had Adam reading a newspaper. IT HAD ADAM READING A NEWSPAPER!!!!

We get to see them being goofy in interviews. Just watch the "We're coming back" clip they put up this summer :lol:. That video was just embarrassing, and the other video is perfectly competent and seems to fit in with that era of promotional material. Also, one shouldn't make a goofy video for a song about suicide.

Sorry, I wasn't intending to tear down your love for that video, I merely meant to explain my distaste for it.

Well, I wouldn't say I loved it. I just never thought it was nearly as bad as most other U2 fans did.

Of course then again U2 made a song about suicide that was quite poppy and normal sounding, an interesting juxtaposition in and of itself, so perhaps they were being even more edgy with another juxtaposition for the video, :wink:.

I just read through this thread and just had to thank you guys for some good laughs!:D

Oh please. That video's fun. Both Stuck videos are excellent.

Hey, I thought I was the only one who liked that video. Yeah, it's dumb, but it's goofy, and we hardly ever get to see goofy U2.

:wave:

i've been screaming the house down about this for years. i love the gridiron version and i think it's much more enjoyable to watch then Bono rolling out the back of a van for four and a half minutes.

Well, if Bono ever did get his own talk show...

Him doing a riff on Jerry Springer would be interesting. Or Ricki Lake. Some of the idiots they had spouting their opinions just screamed "Somebody hit me!". I'd sign Bono to do his own talk show and add a clause to the contract that he had to hit someone every so often...

Okay, serious. He said "U2 By U2" that he was going to close the door to politics, etc. I just wonder - as it's the first time I've heard him decline anything ('though if he declined to appear on the "South Park" episode about him, good man! What exactly was the point of that episode?) - if this is the start of the door closing...

Was that supposed to be funny? Har. Har.

How about have guests, interviews, and music? :huh:

:bono: So, what is the deal with airline peanuts? I wouldn't know, I've never gotten off the ground with McGuinness on board.

Bono hosting his own tv show would be beyond terrible - but I did read something else about this a few weeks ago, and it wasn't giving him a series, but rather a series about inspiring people or some other Oprah shit, and he was just one of a bunch. So one episode for him - but it was meant to be by him, not just about him. Oprah Presents Bono's Glorious Guide to Inspirational Living type thing. So, truly awful, but not the same type of awful as Bono trying to ham it up with guests or something.

Bono hosting his own tv show would be beyond terrible - but I did read something else about this a few weeks ago, and it wasn't giving him a series, but rather a series about inspiring people or some other Oprah shit, and he was just one of a bunch. So one episode for him - but it was meant to be by him, not just about him. Oprah Presents Bono's Glorious Guide to Inspirational Living type thing. So, truly awful, but not the same type of awful as Bono trying to ham it up with guests or something.

Bono's going to be on an episode of a show called Master Class, but Oprah offering him his own show is a separate thing altogether.

Back
Top Bottom