WOWY Stay and MOS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sonichka11

Babyface
... have almost the same ending refrain. This has driven me insane for years. Of course, live crowds love to sing along to those parts. Is Bono lazy or just using something that clearly has an impact. It IS a very euphoric refrain.

(uh uh) OOH OOH oh oh. Same note and melody pattern, save for minor differences of course.
wowy is just missing the first two lower notes. If you listen to all three one after the other it's ridiculously similar.

(uh uh) OOH OOH oh oh. Same note and melody pattern, save for minor differences of course.
wowy is just missing the first two lower notes. If you listen to all three one after the other it's ridiculously similar.

Stay and MOS are the same, except MOS continues and has other changes.

But you have to keep in mind these are designed specifically to be simple so that a whole crowd can sing along.

Stay and MOS are the same, except MOS continues and has other changes.

But you have to keep in mind these are designed specifically to be simple so that a whole crowd can sing along.

I can't believe WOWY or Stay were ever written with audience participation in mind. Stay doesn't exactly evoke arena crowds. It just happened to turn out that way. However with Moment it's very possible.

I can't believe WOWY or Stay were ever written with audience participation in mind. Stay doesn't exactly evoke arena crowds. It just happened to turn out that way. However with Moment it's very possible.

That's not what I'm saying. The live refrains are dumbed down from the studios in order to have sing alongs. The studio refrains of Stay and MOS aren't nearly as similar as the live versions.

Back
Top Bottom