Wow, just discovered....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPU2

War Child
Ever find yourself listening to a random mix and stumble upon a song you've had for months, even years, but have never really listened to?

Happened to me yesterday. This gorgeous piano comes on while I'm cleaning the house. It's playing this infectious melody that makes me weak in the knees. Sounds like a George Winston mashup. Echo'd piano with a dance beat.

I ADORE THIS SONG!!!

But who is it? Definitely a great young indie band. Somebody with a gift for mood and melody. Maybe Hot Chip or Sigur Ros. Maybe one of those new bands I really like that I haven't yet been able to listen to very much: Temper Trap, Freelance Whales, Broken Bells, Black Keys...whoever it is, I'm going to LOVE this band.

Just as I sit down at the computer to check the song, the vocals begin and I know. It's Angels Too Tied to the Ground. By U2!

I think I'm going to love this band!! Can't wait to hear more of them. :)

Angels Too Tied To The Ground has some nice parts in it, but overall I prefer Disappearing Act.

I've never even heard of the song titles for either of these tracks. Is it ok if someone could post them so we could listen to them?

I'm sure it's on Youtube if you search for them. They were both released on remasters that came out a year or two ago.

Great song! I remember riding through the mountains here in North Carolina and I had my iPod playing and came across ATTTTG (how's that acronym?:wink:). It really fit the mood of driving in that type of scenery. Very beautiful and the piano with the echo sounds so lush and ambient. A very soothing song IMO.

I love the wordless vocal melodies in this song, and the rhythm of the instrumentals is kind of infectious, great under-heard little song.

Back
Top Bottom