Wouldn't a better name for the 360 tour have been...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Based on that horrible blood spatter that they put over the logo on the DVD:

u2360.jpg

a more likely tour name would be KISS: The Future

The 'Space And Time' tour? Think about it. They were [initially I might add] promoting NLOTH in which there is the song 'Magnificent', which in turn has the line "in this space and time" in it. The repeated question asked throughout every gig on the tour was "what time is it in the world?" The whole spaceship stage and the astronauts' appearances on the screen to boot would have given this tour a theme concerning infinity. Yes, infinity being 'a great place to start" as the title track of the album suggested. A perfect concept and tie in to NLOTH. But noooo! This being the 21st Century U2 sans balls, they had give it a generic name alluding to the in-the-round stage which any band could come up with. To add salt to the wound, tracks from the latest had to be dropped only to end up promoting a 20 year old album which enevitably made U2 a travelling museum.

Wow talk about complaining for the sake of complaining. :rolleyes:

I always liked the idea of the "Let Me in the Sound" tour... it would have conveyed the idea of the stage really encompassing everyone in the stadium and tied back to NLOTH in a more subtle way.

This. Or No line on the horizon tour.

360 was ok.

Anything's better than Kiss the future.

The Australian leg should have been called 'Oprah's in Town Tour'

Good one, I agree. The "Bono and Oprah BFFs reunited" tour (oh yeah, and with Bono's backing band)

How about "360 Horizon" Tour? That's a bit of fucking irony right there.

In the long run of the tour, it's a good thing the tour name wasn't NLOTH related, since the album "bombed" (yeah, by Michael Jackson's Thriller standards, maybe?). Can you imagine the ridicule they would get?:wink:

Back
Top Bottom