Would it be harder for you...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There are DEFINATELY bigger fans out there (in here) than me! I feel no shame in admitting that :lol:

I agree with Axver. I would have a hard time listening to U2 for an hour even. Probably 15 mins and I would get bored. :giggle:(VERY short attention span :wink:)

Variety is the spice of LIFE!!!:up::up::up::up::up:

Listening to nothing but U2 for a month would be hell. There is so much awesome music out there. Diversity is a good thing. I struggle to listen to any single band for more than a couple of hours at once.

I gotta agree with that....
The best way is stay some time without listen and then get back. It makes the songs sound even better.

I'm pretty sure when I was a kid U2 was the only thing I listened to for like a year...and there were probably months when all I listened to was Pop ... :drool:

I have 1,089 artists in my last.fm library though, and I've been to around 28 non-U2 concerts...so it's not like I'm not a fan of diversity :wink:

66 hours!! :happy:

...to listen to nothing but U2 for a month, or to not listen to U2 at all for a month?

I've probably gone a whole month without listening to U2 before, I can't verify that though. I tend to go through phases so if I'm really into one band or sound I might not feel like listening to U2, especially when I'm really into heavier music.

BUT, I've decided that I'm gonna listen to nothing but U2 until the new album leaks!! :happy: Wish me luck guys!! 48 hours and counting so far.

There has been times when I havent listened to U2 for almost a year,and when I listen again which is usually about a month to two months prior to a new album its fantastic.:applaud:

definately harder to listen to nothing but U2 for a month. In last months I've been finding it hard to listen to 4 U2 songs in a row. I've discovered so many great bands this year that I can't listen to U2 for a longer time. I'm generally into much harder music these days and after listening to a couple of "softer" u2 tunes I have to play something harder.

Listening to nothing but U2 for a month would be hell. There is so much awesome music out there. Diversity is a good thing. I struggle to listen to any single band for more than a couple of hours at once.

:yes: I would find it much harder to listen to nothing but U2.

Just looked... I've got 199 different artists on my iTunes library.
Of those 199, 35 are artists that I've more than 50 songs from each
Of those 35, 18 are artists that I've more than 100 songs from each
Of those 18, 8 are artists that I've more than 200 songs each
Of those 8, 2 are artists that I've more than 400 songs each.

But meh, I don't consider myself much diversified.

When I first got into U2 it would have been hard. But even after getting heavily into them in 1992 I found myself not listening to them for a couple years after Zoo TV and Zooropa came and went. I think I got into them again when HMTMKMKM was released... Then stopped again and then got into them when POP came out.

It's the releases of new albums that brings the fans back from hibernation. :wink:

When I was in university I'd listen to a U2 concert (zoo tv, popmart, elevation, vertigo) nearly every day since I had a 2 hour commute to and back from campus, so there was a lot of down time!

However after U2-18 Singles came out I really cooled off on listening to U2. I listened to some old stuff (Alanis Unplugged, Morning Glory, American Idiot, REM Live, Genesis: The Way We Walk) for a long time after that. I got a car and had a 6 cd changer so I basically filled up 5 discs with a bunch of albums and just stuck them into my cd changer and left them there for a while. When Coldplay's Viva La Vida came out I listened to that for a bit, but after that I mainly stuck to either listening to older stuff or listening to Sports Talk Radio/podcasts. Its only recently that I started to listening to U2 again (after Boots was released-- which took me by surprise because I wasn't following U2 closely after U2-18 Singles).

I decided I need to get some new music and I picked up Oasis' Dig Out Your Soul earlier this week from the store, and I'm planning to get a bunch of new albums to listen to this weekend because A) I know I'm going to go crazy listening to U2 after the album comes out and during the tour and B) I stopped listening to new music for a few years now and need to get back into it before I stop hating new music altogether.

I couldn't go a month without listening to U2!
Although I do have phases where they are all i listen to for weeks and then i start to listen to my other fav bands again...but then there are times when i haven't watched one of their concert dvds in a while and once i pop one in, i watch them over and over again for about a week :wink:

Lightweights the lot of ya!! I've gone YEARS without listening to U2, I reckon from 94-97 I barely listened to any of their records.

Too much other exciting stuff happening then musically.....

Lightweights the lot of ya!! I've gone YEARS without listening to U2, I reckon from 94-97 I barely listened to any of their records.

Too much other exciting stuff happening then musically.....

I was too young for anything going on in those years...Didn't even really know about U2 yet :huh:
I always wish that i was a lot older so i could have been around during all their years and albums:D

I think I could refrain from listening to actual U2 CDs for a month as long as I could continue listening to the radio and hear them once in a while that way.

I'd probably go nuts is I listened to nothing but U2 for an entire month. There's just too much other music that I love.

I can't comprehend how anyone could listen to almost only U2. It's such a waste. There's too much good music out there, a lot of which is as good or almost as good as U2. If I listened to them that much I'd easily be burned out on them.

It sounds like some of you have an unhealthy obsession with them... like you need to hear Bono's voice or you'll go bonkers.

I decided I need to get some new music and I picked up Oasis' Dig Out Your Soul earlier this week from the store, and I'm planning to get a bunch of new albums to listen to this weekend because A) I know I'm going to go crazy listening to U2 after the album comes out and during the tour and B) I stopped listening to new music for a few years now and need to get back into it before I stop hating new music altogether.

Maybe you need to get some new music that's actually good. Go out and buy Merriweather Post Pavillion by Animal Collective, Noble Beast by Andrew Bird and In Ghost Colours by Cut Copy.

I can't comprehend how anyone could listen to almost only U2. It's such a waste. There's too much good music out there, a lot of which is as good or almost as good as U2. If I listened to them that much I'd easily be burned out on them.

It sounds like some of you have an unhealthy obsession with them... like you need to hear Bono's voice or you'll go bonkers.

Maybe you need to get some new music that's actually good. Go out and buy Merriweather Post Pavillion by Animal Collective, Noble Beast by Andrew Bird and In Ghost Colours by Cut Copy.

Condescending much? It's cool to give people suggestions but no need to judge people for the music they listen to... if someone wants to listen to U2 all the time, so what? If someone really likes Oasis, so what?

Hey, a Pitchfork lover! :no:
:wink:

Back
Top Bottom