Worst U2 song of the decade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phommel

Refugee
Based on the results of the topic 'worst 10 U2 songs of the decade' I want to find out what's the worst, or less favourite, U2 song of the decade by interferers...

These are the rules:
- you are only allowed to choose from the 20 songs out of this list. These are the most mentioned songs out of a total of 50 songs mentioned in the previous topic.
- you have to make a top-5. Number 1 is your less favourite U2 song, etc.
- Afterwards, 5 points will be given to the number 1s, 4 points to the number 2s,...1 point to number 5s. The song that gets the most points in total is the winner!

This is the list:

- All Because Of You
- A Man And A Woman
- Crumbs From Your Table
- Elevation
- Get On Your Boots
- Grace
- I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
- Love And Peace Or Else
- Miracle Drug
- New York
- One (with Mary J. Blige)
- One Step Closer
- Peace On Earth
- Stand Up (Comedy)
- Stuck In a Moment You Can't Get Out Of
- The Hands That Built America
- The Saints Are Coming (with Greenday)
- Wild Honey
- Window In The Skies
- Yahweh

Of course I have to be objective, but please be aware that 'The Hands That Built America' is in the list...

Ok, I'll start (yes a bit different than my previous list):

1. The Hands That Built America
2. Yahweh
3. Wild Honey
4. A Man And a Woman
5. Crumbs From Your Table

1. Crumbs From Your Table
2. One (with Mary J. Blige)
3. A Man And A Woman
4. Wild Honey
5. Stuck In a Moment You Can't Get Out Of

It's hard, while there's been few masterpieces they've kept things consistent, there's not many songs that sticks out from the crowd being truly bad. But I put Crumbs From Your Table at the top, I get a headache hearing it. :huh::down:

i like every song on that list except for One w/MJB, so yeah, that one. i do love the original "One" though.

1. Wild Honey
2. One w/ MJB
3. All Because Of You
4. The Saints Are Coming
5. Stuck In A Moment

Incidentally, what's wrong with "The Hands That Built America"? I think it's great. And I think you have to take this song in its context, as the closing music to Gangs Of New York, which is a pretty good film, and for which the song was intended. It's not like you're supposed to hear it after "Moment of Surrender" or something.

Not a big fan of:

Yahweh
Grace
Peace on Earth
All Because of You
Hands that Built America

Incidentally, what's wrong with "The Hands That Built America"? I think it's great. And I think you have to take this song in its context, as the closing music to Gangs Of New York, which is a pretty good film, and for which the song was intended. It's not like you're supposed to hear it after "Moment of Surrender" or something.

i normally don't agree with you, but we agree on this point.

The song that gets the most points in total is the winner!

Shouldn't that be "the loser"? Heh.

My list:

1 - I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
2 - Get On Your Boots
3 - Stand Up Comedy
4 - One Step Closer

I'm not putting the Mary J. Whoever on here, because (a) everyone's gonna vote for it, and (b) it's a 1991 song, not a song from the 2000s.

I like all the other songs on the list -- just these 4 rub me the wrong way.

Well, the Mary J Watson version is from the 2000s, yes, but... I dunno, it's like if we're gonna include that, then we should include the "remixes" of the Pop songs as 2000s' songs. But again, to me, a 90s song is a 90s song.

Maybe I'm just in denial because I love "One", but the whored-out Mary-Huana version is so bad that it makes my scrotum ache.

Get On Your Boots
All Because Of You
Window In The Skies
The Saints Are Coming
One (with Mary J. Blige)

VERTIGO is not listed..it's one of my least favorite songs of all time.

1 - One (with Mary J. Blige)
2 - Stuck In a Moment You Can't Get Out Of
3 - One Step Closer
4 - Peace On Earth
5 - I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight

1. Grace: boring, really puts me to sleep
2. One (MJB): she ruins the song with her singing
3. A Man And Woman: again boring
4. One Step Closer more yawn
5. Yahweh: To cheesy.

Well, the Mary J Watson version is from the 2000s, yes, but... I dunno, it's like if we're gonna include that, then we should include the "remixes" of the Pop songs as 2000s' songs. But again, to me, a 90s song is a 90s song.

Maybe I'm just in denial because I love "One", but the whored-out Mary-Huana version is so bad that it makes my scrotum ache.

If I had balls, mine probably would too. :wink:

why does everyone hate one step closer to knowing - its pretty much the only interesting thing on bomb - good lyrics subtle music subtle vocal whats not to like

why does everyone hate one step closer to knowing - its pretty much the only interesting thing on bomb - good lyrics subtle music subtle vocal whats not to like

While I don't agree that it's the only interesting thing on HTDAAB, I do like it, I think it's haunting. I also much prefer the studio version of Yahweh to the stripped down live version, and as far as I know, I'm the only one ever to hold that opinion. Live, it was just...meh. Studio, it's upbeat and has a subtle hopeful vibe to it, without bashing you over the head with hopefulness.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom