Window in the Skies a great song, underappreciated

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Probably of the most under appreciated songs. Emotions run high when I listen to this song. I wish they would play this on the U2360 tour. One of the better songs they have put out..

I adored it on first listen, loved it and played the shit out of it for about a month. Haven't listened to it since. It's decent.

yeah, I agree, it's pretty. but it sort of feels like a throw away being put on U2 18. oh well.

I adored it on first listen, loved it and played the shit out of it for about a month. Haven't listened to it since. It's decent.

Make that six months of playing non stop on itunes and ipod, and it goes for me. :wink: Though I do listen to it whenever my ipod shuffles to it.

Still love the song. I don't know what it is that makes me love it so much, it just makes me feel happy whenever I listen to it.

Waiting for Galeongirl to find her way into this thread. :lol:

:wink: I'm famous for the non stop madness now?

pity I can't show it off anymore, having switched to my laptop now I lost all my itunes playcounts.

:hmm: I'm sure my ipod still shows it though. It should add up to 999. :D

Oh, man, I LOVED WITS back in the day. Definitely deserves to be played at least once or twice on 360.

i won't truly express my opinion though until i see everyone else's responses. if it appears that the "smart" stance to take is to hate the song, then i will hate the song.

I liked it.
Then again I like the pop side of U2, ie S. Thing '98 version, Wild honey, IALW, Stuck, OOTS, Crazy tonight...

I'd like Crazy Tonight before WITS any day. Even though Lillywhite technically produced that track, and Brian and Danny weren't involved its writing process at all, I think being under the influence of Brian and Danny makes them write better music than they would otherwise.

It's an okay song but too sugary for U2. I really feel they are best at either dark subject matter, dark soundscapes or arty atmospheric material. And besides, that lyric "soul in a strip tease, hate brought to it's knees" completely ruins the song! :yuck:

Better than the crappier songs on ATYCLB and HTDAAB at least. I enjoy it when I'm in the right mood.

The video is wonderful.

eh.

i went to itunes to see when i last listened to it, and it says i've never played it on my macbook (and by extension, my ipod that is synced to the library). i've had this computer for nearly a year now, so...yeah.

I love WITS. Way underrated. WAY underrated.

If WITS had been the 1st single for NLOTH, the hype level/sales would have been very different.

WITS vid got more plays than anything on NLOTH despite not having an actual album.:up:

GREAT pop song.

It's okay, not mind-blowing or anything. The intro is actually my favorite part of the whole track, the vocal harmonies along with the piano and Edge's guitar during that section are pretty nice. The bridge and subsequent little guitar solo aint half bad either.

I love WITS. Way underrated. WAY underrated.

If WITS had been the 1st single for NLOTH, the hype level/sales would have been very different.

WITS vid got more plays than anything on NLOTH despite not having an actual album.:up:

GREAT pop song.

you think they should have released a song as lead single that was completely unrepresentative of the album in every single way?

oh wait, that's exactly what happened.

I agree on both counts, Niceman.

WITS/Rubin-esque feels like the kind of music for a band as big as U2 to go out on.

Maybe 10 years from now, a poppy/anthemic album full of WITSs and "All My Life"s to cap 40 years of beautiful music.
:up:

Probably of the most under appreciated songs. Emotions run high when I listen to this song. I wish they would play this on the U2360 tour. One of the better songs they have put out..

No, it isn't, it's a load of sentimental twaddle that even Phil Collins would be embarrassed by. It's a complete embarrassment to every single thing U2 did in the 1980s and 1990s.

Back
Top Bottom