Window in the Skies a great song, underappreciated

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
easily their worst single ever.:down: still better than american prayer and red light though.:up:

The good thing about American Prayer (the live version from the American Idol broadcast) is that its end bit ("when you get to the top of the mountain...") contains the melody / hook that eventually became Moment of Surrender :drool:

...WITS is one of U2's best song ever. I know that Bono can exaggerate sometimes, but he actually said on the BBC Christmas broadcast when the song was unveiled, "this may be the best song we've ever done."

Probably the closest U2 came to a Beatlesque song that actually works. (OOTS could've used some work).

Overall, it's enjoyable, and I'd probably like it a lot better if HTDAAB never existed. When WITS was released, my first thought was, "at least the band can actually play it!", meaning it just flowed, had a great arrangement and sounding like a tight performance, which was the opposite of mostly everything on HTDAAB.

To be honest i haven't listened to the song really since about one month after its released, haha. Maybe i should go do that now.

Oh can't you see what Canada has done?
Oh can't you see what Canada has done, and what it's doing to meeeeeeeeeeee?!!

1216418059_d0ce9fb562.jpg

I listen to it pretty rarely, because I tend to sort of forget about it, though when I do hear it I enjoy it.

However I also LOL every time because this still pops up along with it.

image.jpg

:uhoh:

Window in the Skies is a great song. I think it's the best new song of the "Best of" albums.

It's a beautiful song, with very unusual chords for U2. I'm not so sure about the final version, which for me does not really deliver its full potential, but it's still good.

(By the way, the version on the CD-single is a slightly different mix, which I find a bit nicer - recommended!)

If Window in the Skies is what the rest of the Rick Rubin sessions sounded like, then count me in!
SOA- 2010
Spiderman and Best of 2000-2010 in 2011
The Rubin Sessions- 2012

The more u2 we get the better!

I think it's pleasant, but so are lots of bands' music. It's not the kind of song that would have made me fall in love with U2 as their best stuff did in the '80s and early '90s. That's the problem. I'd only listen to it (rarely if ever) because I'm already a U2 fan, not because it's inherently a great song. It's very formulaic.

it's a great song and i don't know if it's under appreciated.
It was U2s last number 1 hit single in the Netherlands. In the UK it arrived at number 4, a position that has not been achieved by U2 since then.

You know, revisiting this thread has made me watch the video for this song for the first time in a few years. I forgot how great it is.

Back
Top Bottom