Willie Williams talks about 360

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
Q+A: Willie Williams: Around The World In Two Years

The interesting bit

As for U2, we’re already talking about the next one, and I’m excited about the ideas and the potential. It’s funny, on the Zoo TV tour, people would ask, “However will you follow this?” to which I would reply, “The next one will be bigger,” which, of course, it ended up being. This time around, though, I don’t think that’s a promise I’m going to make.

Love you Willie! Wish i was by the soundboard to meet him at 360.

But really, guy confirms that he's a workaholic by talking about the next tour set-up now?

good article

U2 360° ran for such a long time that it was really three tours that changed quite distinctly in 2009, 2010, and 2011. Part of the drive for change came from our going across North America and Europe twice and wanting to not just trot out the same show, especially as the DVD of the ‘09 version was already on sale. My goal for going back to North America in ‘11 was to have at least 50% of the show be entirely new since the DVD.

sure would like another DVD though, something to reflect the final setlist. Though i guess i should just be happy i got to see it in person. :applaud:

Back
Top Bottom