Willie Williams Discusses the eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So this is going to be Lovetown 30, right? I mean, 2019 is the 30th anniversary, that U2songs article specifically says the proposed late 2019 tour won't be an extension of E+I and that a new stage is being designed, the tour is only going to be for Australasia and southeastern Asia, much like the first leg of Lovetown. It makes too much sense for it not to be Lovetown 30.

So this is going to be Lovetown 30, right? I mean, 2019 is the 30th anniversary, that U2songs article specifically says the proposed late 2019 tour won't be an extension of E+I and that a new stage is being designed, the tour is only going to be for Australasia and southeastern Asia, much like the first leg of Lovetown. It makes too much sense for it not to be Lovetown 30.

It definitely points towards that don’t it

They’re not going to ignore the two new albums they’ve released since their last time there in favor of resurrecting a tour for an album they haven’t even re-released, but keep dreaming.

If you get a couple JT deep cuts in the second half of the show you’ll be lucky.

They’re not going to ignore the two new albums they’ve released since their last time there in favor of resurrecting a tour for an album they haven’t even re-released, but keep dreaming.

If you get a couple JT deep cuts in the second half of the show you’ll be lucky.

The article specifically said it would not be a continuation of E+I. Seems like if they were going to keep push SOI/SOE, then it would be a continuation of E+I.

I wouldn't count it out.

They'll do a nod to Lovetown with a mid-show acoustic set of Angel of Harlem and Desire, and a surprise Love Rescue Me at one (1) Brisbane show.

Hawkmoon 269 will be soundchecked every night complete with slide solo but not played until their Henry Kissinger Memorial Gig in Cambodia.

Do you have dyslexia or something?

The article specifically said it would not be a continuation of E+I. Seems like if they were going to keep push SOI/SOE, then it would be a continuation of E+I.

I wouldn't count it out.

Maybe they don't want to haul that giant screen over there, who knows?

This is surely going to be a highlights reel of the last four years. Innocence through the Joshua Tree to Experience.

It's going to be a mix, obviously. But I'd find it very, very hard to believe that those shows aren't going to have at least 10 tracks from the last two albums.

Theoretically they could do a suite of recent songs, have an intermission, and then play JT straight through. But I don't think that would flow too well.

"70 years without war in Europe that we all take completely for granted."

Willie needs a history lesson.

Or a geography lesson. Or a trip down memory lane (hell, he was the production designer for that particular ZooTV Tour which featured satellite link-ups from this very city):

Yeah, I know he's talking afterwards about cities and countries where E/I tour had taken place, but still - a very silly statement to make. And this is just one war out of four which happened in that region - in the middle of Europe - in the 1990s.

Plus the civil war in Greece after WW2, and the Nagorno-Karabakh (Armenia/Azerbaijan) war if one would include this border region in Europe... And so on.

Last edited:
Or a geography lesson. Or a trip down memory lane (hell, he was the production designer for that particular ZooTV Tour which featured satellite link-ups from this very city):

Yeah, I know he's talking afterwards about cities and countries where E/I tour had taken place, but still - a very silly statement to make. And this is just one war out of four which happened in that region - in the middle of Europe - in the 1990s.

Plus the civil war in Greece after WW2, and the Nagorno-Karabakh (Armenia/Azerbaijan) war if one would include this border region in Europe... And so on.

What was going on in Ulster looked like a war from where I was sitting as well.

Back
Top Bottom