Will the next tour be in stadiums or arena's in the United States?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've seen U2 fans wish they'd do the Bruce system. And I've seen Bruce fans wish he'd do the U2 system.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the GA line! :wink:

True enough!

I'd be more than happy with them bringing the straight Elevation GA system back, provided they have staffers out there to keep order.

Some may have never had issues on GA lines, and I've been to shows where it's been very smooth. But as many have said here and in other threads, there are some big problems with the lines in many venues that can be easily solved by having the lines staffed.

Sent from my android cause iphones are for old people

Also, fans need to just stop being jerks, and starting those stupid lists days in advance, or while they're on an airplane from the previous gig, etc etc etc. I want U2's people to get involved if only to stop that list bullshit.

Just all-around ridiculous shit. I'm so over all of it.

3rd leg Elevation is when I got into the heart. System worked beautifully and we had a wonderful day, playing football, drinking beer, picking up girls, laughing and talking with everyone. The day started at 6:00 am of course, but it worked great. We stayed the night before at hotel near the venue, then just walked up to the venue in the morning from the hotel and got in line.

On 360, because of the much larger size of the floor and people allowed in the inner ring, as long as you were in line before the venue doors opened, you were able to get into the inner ring.

But I'm thinking the will be playing arena's this time. The GA tickets will be few and for many that have them, they will want to get there early in order to get inside the inner circle, ring, if there is one. Who knows what the stage design will be like this time.

Obviously I got in at the shows I did GA for also. I did not say it was always a problem. But there is a massive potential for a problem and/or problems that did occur. You are pointing to ONE or TWO GA experiences you had that worked out. All of mine did as well, but it got more hectic and aggressive as that tour went along. There were some problems with the reserved "lists" etc. that others have pointed out. I read a lot of stories about that occurring on 360 as well. You missed the point, it would most likely run better and be safer if the venue or bands tour management handled it. Like numeric wrist bands, or someone patrolling making sure there is no one cutting line. Even though my 9 GA experiences worked out, there were a few times people tried to rush the front gate as we were entering that had just arrived. Things like that should not be happening.

My reserved tickets for 360 were $96, not $225. Side stage second row upper deck. Perfect for seeing the whole show and being fairly close. I do not have the desire nor the need to be 2 feet from the band any longer. I'm happy having a good view and that the greatest rock band is playing in front of me. So it works for me. I think you need to think big picture here. U2 are going to tour. Be happy they are touring again you have a ticket, many cannot afford them and if it is arenas the tickets may be tough to come by in some markets.

Maybe we should avoid all of this. Have reserved seating on the floor again. Worked fantastic for me on Zoo TV and Popmart. I was in the first 4-10 rows for 14 of the 22 Zoo and Popmart shows I saw. Did not have to camp out, paid normal ticket prices. Of course Propaganda provided most of those great seats. There was a time when U2's fan club was top notch and took care of the fans. I guess there are just too many fans now to take care of things like they did back then. Except maybe they could take care of their fans in the GA line now, that would not be that difficult!! :)

P.S. I'm sort of kidding about the floor reserved seating. I know most fans would have a conniption fit if that happened!!! ;)

As much as I bitch about the GA thing, I would be really sad (and surprised) if they went with the "seats on the floor" idea (and I always assume sky-rocketing prices would go along with that).

I enjoy being in GA - I just don't need to be close and deal with all the crap. And I think U2 likes seeing the GA crowd in front of them. (But different faces RIGHT in front of them. ;) )

Ive been in the the nosebleed for PoP, Vertigo, and in the heart 4 times for Elevation, in the ring 3 times for 360, and near the soundboard once for 360. I enjoyed every show, but the up close stuff in Elevation was the most awesome experience though the excitement was more intense the first time than the last time. While its great to be up close to the band, and I will do it again, you have to ask yourself sometimes if its really worth doing it every damn time.

We went out drinking till 3 or 4 in the morning the day of the last show, mainly because there was a fire at the hotel (our excuse to go drinking) so we wanted to get out. There were people who were already in line when we were making our pass back to the hotel. Most every experience we has was great, but I can certainly see how some of the horror stories could happen. Ive personally witness some random crazy shit going on in the heart or wherever and turned a blind eye to most of it.

U2 concerts are an epic event, so theres always going to be the good, the bad, and the ugly to go along with it. Mostly overwhelmingly good, but you cant have one without the others.

There is zero reason why a member of the massive U2 and Live Nation touring crew can't be in charge of handing out wristbands on a first come first serve basis.

Many other acts with fewer resources than what U2 and Live Nation have have done it. There really is no excuse.

There is zero reason why a member of the massive U2 and Live Nation touring crew can't be in charge of handing out wristbands on a first come first serve basis.

Many other acts with fewer resources than what U2 and Live Nation have have done it. There really is no excuse.

depends on the venue - for stadiums in Europe, you would need a whole load of staff and masses of barriers... thinking about the queuing set-up at the Stade de France or even Bercy, i can't see how that could ever work - it's always a complete free for all, with thousands and thousands of people just amassing randomly outside the venue (although it's easier to form a slightly more orderly queue outside Bercy as there is only one GA entrance and a few metres of barriers, compared to a gazillion entrances and NO barriers for creating a proper queue at the Stade)- when i saw the band in GA at the Stade, the only solution was to run the length of the pitch really fucking fast (after surviving the crush thru the gate) :D

depends on the venue - for stadiums in Europe, you would need a whole load of staff and masses of barriers... thinking about the queuing set-up at the Stade de France or even Bercy, i can't see how that could ever work - it's always a complete free for all, with thousands and thousands of people just amassing randomly outside the venue (although it's easier to form a slightly more orderly queue outside Bercy as there is only one GA entrance and a few metres of barriers, compared to a gazillion entrances and NO barriers for creating a proper queue at the Stade)- when i saw the band in GA at the Stade, the only solution was to run the length of the pitch really fucking fast (after surviving the crush thru the gate) :D

Bruce Springsteen is a huge act, sure... but he does not have as big a touring crew as U2 and Live Nation do, by a long shot. And Springsteen staffs his GA lines.

Does it solve every issue? No, but at least it helps alleviate many of the arguments between fans. At the very least, if you have a problem, you have someone to voice your problem to as opposed to it simply disintegrating into some idiotic fan on fan argument.

Nothing to worry about. The band filmed one of the Boston Elevation shows in 2001, and before the GA line was let in, they let some "attractive people" at the back of the line in first, so they got all the rail spots. About a dozen people at the front of the line who had been waiting all day did their own little protest by sitting on the floor the entire show until the last song. I don't think the band or management will be concerned about doing that again, and the show they film for this tour will probably not be in Boston anyway.

Wasn't the story the production crew wanted "pretty people" ? The whiny protesters all got into the heart anyway.

:lol: are we going to do this discussion again?

They didn't want 'pretty people', they wanted fresh faces for the video. And the people who got pathetic and sat down went to at least 20 shows, 'sacrificing' their work, home and family lives to follow the band. THey were incredibly self entitled and completely retarded in their responses. :rolleyes:

They didn't want 'pretty people', they wanted fresh faces for the video. And the people who got pathetic and sat down went to at least 20 shows, 'sacrificing' their work, home and family lives to follow the band. THey were incredibly self entitled and completely retarded in their responses. :rolleyes:

:applaud: I agree, the people in the heart acted ridiculous and unfortunately it is documented in the Boston Elevation Tour DVD (if you look you can spot the sit down protestors, who were still in the heart by the way). But I do have to fault the band or management that made the decision to do it. At a minimum the band or a member of the band knew it was happening. What happened should not have happened and the reaction to it was out of hand. That sums it up for me. :)

:up:

They could have warned the people the night before they were in line at least. I mean, what these rail biters were doing was not illegal and who the hell knows what their work, home, or family lives are like. Still, it was just one show, with dozens before and dozens after perhaps. But it would have been rather easy for U2 or U2's people to explain that this is what would be happening for this show.

:applaud: I agree, the people in the heart acted ridiculous and unfortunately it is documented in the Boston Elevation Tour DVD (if you look you can spot the sit down protestors, who were still in the heart by the way). But I do have to fault the band or management that made the decision to do it. At a minimum the band or a member of the band knew it was happening. What happened should not have happened and the reaction to it was out of hand. That sums it up for me. :)

They're extremely lucky Bono didn't pull a Kanye.

That woulda been awesome, come to think of it.

They could have warned the people the night before they were in line at least. I mean, what these rail biters were doing was not illegal and who the hell knows what their work, home, or family lives are like. Still, it was just one show, with dozens before and dozens after perhaps. But it would have been rather easy for U2 or U2's people to explain that this is what would be happening for this show.

What the security guys did wasn't illegal either. :wink:

What the security guys did wasn't illegal either. :wink:

True, its not illegal to be an #$%#$#%.

You know, I get that it wasn't the greatest move on U2's part to pull that stunt, and I don't profess to know what every single security person did on that night, but to put blame on or call security names, especially U2's security, kindof stinks.

I may have been to less shows than you historically (I'm in the 30s range I'd have to go back and count to be sure), but am struggling to recall any show where I saw security along the front rail be assholes to anyone. I've seen plenty of assholish and even abusive behavior towards them, tho. Fans freaking out because they think every single last security person on location should have got the memo that they are The Most Entitled Fan Ever. The way they deal with these people with patience and professionalism is sometimes beyond what most of us could in the same situation.

On the other hand, I've seen them chat with fans, deal with idiots who were making the experience shit for others, hand out ear plugs and water, rescue people who were fainting or getting crushed, and in general carry themselves very professionally and do their jobs and sometimes even make reasonable exceptions for people they aren't necessarily supposed to make. So calling them assholes when they do their job - read: whatever the band and venue management tells them to do - is uncalled for imo.

And shout out to my U2 fan friend/Interferencer/security professional who works these shows and other artists all the time and knows what it's like..if she still lurks here ;) :wave:

ARENAS in Europe please!!!

I don't care about the US...

:crack: Why on earth would you wish for such a disaster, lol?

Gabe, you've been to more shows than me. :wink: But yeah, U2 security in general is very understanding and kind. Some people are just asshats that don't understand that if you treat others like shit, they'll treat you like shit in return.

never had a problem queueing up for GA/gold circle- if that's what you want then sometimes arrange things aorund it if you can. I couldn't queue for Wembley 1 on 360 tour so we ended paying a bit more for Red Zone for that one show

both Vertigo & 360 Tours in Dublin were well run- ok it's an endurance test but I'm prepared to make the effort every 5 years to do it. Everyone is counted in and those who want to be on the rail get their earliest. Actually it's part of the concert experience queueing with other fans and talking to people who care as much as you do about it

I don't agree with ballots or random tickets- Madonna did that on her last tour and at times had people in their who knew Material Girl and sod all else and for those of us who are bigger fans for whom it would mean alot more missed out- yet we probably would have queued given the choice. that doesn't mean I feel entitled to be there- if get there too late to get in that's my loss

if people are that committed and want to camp on a street overnight- all power to them- I certainly wouldn't do it. Since Europe is probably going to be stadiums again I doubt it will much of a problem over here anyway

I can almost guarantee they'll do arenas this time around. U2 is nothing if they're not smart. And it's foolish to do back to back stadium tours. For many reasons.

How soon before the 360 tour did we hear about the claw being made in Belgium?im thinking if it is stadiums would some type of stage design/making of leaked by now?

This thread, combined with the near heatstroke we suffered in Baltimore in 2011, reaffirms my instinct to D-bag it all the way from now on.

I kind of like watching the show from up high, on the floor of the stadium it felt like they were performing over my head, and I'm not short.

Arenas might be a different story. But then, I might just be a D-bag these days.

:up:

I'm going to do my darndest to get a great seated spot close to the stage without having to resort to scalper sites. For at least one show, anyway. I'm sure if I see multiple shows I'd still do at least one GA and do my usual hanging in the back.

But yeah. I'm ready to luxuriate in d-bag seats.

What do people think of that BC Save on Foods warm up rumour?

Vancouver is a popular city for tour production rehearsals. 2 examples I can think of off the top of my head are The Police in 2007, and the Vertigo Tour, although I'm sure I've heard of other artists doing so. There is some financial benefit to having rehearsals outside of the US. Maybe the arenas are cheaper to rent for long amounts of time. The Stones used to always rehearse for a month in Toronto prior to any tour, except on this most recent one they've been rehearsing in Paris.

So maybe the tour will begin in Vancouver, or in the western US? I'd say the rumor is at least founded on logic and reason.

Vancouver is a popular city for tour production rehearsals. 2 examples I can think of off the top of my head are The Police in 2007, and the Vertigo Tour, although I'm sure I've heard of other artists doing so. There is some financial benefit to having rehearsals outside of the US. Maybe the arenas are cheaper to rent for long amounts of time. The Stones used to always rehearse for a month in Toronto prior to any tour, except on this most recent one they've been rehearsing in Paris.

So maybe the tour will begin in Vancouver, or in the western US? I'd say the rumor is at least founded on logic and reason.

In 2005 U2 rehearsed in Vancouver. Then they moved to L.A. for the Dress Rehearsals and Concert. They opened the Vertigo Tour two days later in San Diego.

What about the 6x6 rumor?

Back
Top Bottom