Wild Horses Kindergarten Version

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What a pain in the ass. Theres like 8 million versions of wild horses on youtube and theyre taking this down - casual fans are not going to spend the loot on this box set - just leave it be. I went through the trouble of making the video just so I can share it with my friends on facebook. Did you try calling it something completely different like grandmas birthday party? Can UMG just search some how by audio?

No idea how they do it. I nearly got banned for having Beavis and Butthead's commentary on Mysterious Ways up. By fucking Viacom/MTV, whom I credited in the description. They banned MW, but not Lemon or NUmb. MW had about 5 comments, the others none. Perhaps that got their attention? The popularity?

What a pain in the ass. Theres like 8 million versions of wild horses on youtube and theyre taking this down - casual fans are not going to spend the loot on this box set - just leave it be. I went through the trouble of making the video just so I can share it with my friends on facebook. Did you try calling it something completely different like grandmas birthday party? Can UMG just search some how by audio?

I used something like Christmas Tree as a title and put it as a pet-video and still it got taken down instantly by UMG so they must have some kind of audio checker, hence all the vids with a changed pitch level these days to avoid that, but really changing the pitch just ruins the song.:S
A friend of mine even had his vid taken down within seconds when he had 10 seconds of a song used in one of his homemade vids....

So now we have to wait it out for a few months until its not "new" anymore. :down: I paid for the song I want my friends to hear it haha

xtrmx said:
A friend of mine even had his vid taken down within seconds when he had 10 seconds of a song used in one of his homemade vids....

UMG has no right to do that. Fair use law (at least in the United States) says that you can use up to thirty seconds of a song freely like that.

Listened to the Kindergarten versions for the third time today and decided that none of these, including Wild Horses, are better than the originals. They are all interesting to be sure, but all of them sound like what they are...unfinished works in progress.

The closest one that comes to surpassing the original, IMO is Love is Blindness, which is the weakest song on the original record. The Baby version has a epic quality about it that gives a real sense of gravity to the subject matter. It makes a relatively uninteresting song (musically) pretty weighty. Lyrically, the original is still better, but musically I prefer this version.

I really enjoy the Kindergarten disc, it was what I was looking forward to most on this release, and it's a lot of fun hearing different takes on these songs, and some of them are really quite interesting, particularly musically (lyrically a lot of it is a mess). But more often than not, what these versions did most was make me appreciate the originals more and want to hear them again. U2 was smart to finish these songs because if this record were released as it is in the Kindergarten versions, AB would not have been the critical and commercial success it was.

Back
Top Bottom