Why the hell do so many people hate Bono?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono may has a big ego, but he treats people very well. If you go to ask him for a autograph or taking a photo with you, he will accept, and there are also other behaviours from him that make you say that he´s a nice person.

I love Bono but I disagree with him taking his business out of Ireland merely for financial purposes.

I do not think this was Bono's decision - at leat not directly.

Also, there are limitations here. Bono pays quite a bit of tax in Ireland for numerous other reasons, such as property, shows, purchases, etc. He also has to pay considerable taxes while touring. So it's not like he's living "tax free".

Plus he rages on and on about giving your wealth and hard earned dollars in helping Africa..

Actually, he doesn't want you to give ANY of your money, at least not directly. Bono encourages people to talk to their political representatives in an effort to relieve debt and encourage trade with African countries.

while his daughters carry $2500 purses and wear $1200 Louboutin shoes and he drives a Maserati. they may have SAID they don't spoil their daughters... but that is not entirely true.
I don't expect Bono to go poor- but man... he could sure tone it down a little.

I have not seen any of these extravagances in any picture. Also, I believe Bono's car is used.

For rock star, I would say Bono lives a fairly humble life. If he allows himself any luxuries, it's perhaps with real estate. But I hardly see him flaunting his wealth. Therefore, I cannot agree with your "observations".

Furthermore, don't you ever spoil yourself? Everyone has some indulgences, such as fancier computers, phones, cars, clothing, TV's, stereos, etc.? If you truly live an ultra-humble, materialistic-free life, congratulations. Most, myself included, have some ostentatious items. :) But these do not detract from our charitable efforts.

I was relieved when Aung Suu Kyi was released, my first thought, "Now we don't have to sit there and listen to her redundant story." I used that time as my pee time. :)

I was elated too for Aung's release, but for very different reasons. :|

Bono's preaching on this is repetitive. But that alone tells me something about you - you have seen far too many shows. :love: If you feel this part is so monotonous that it becomes a bathroom break, you have over-indulged in U2. And that could be your weakness.

A little less Bono... and a little bit more rock n roll.

Watch R&H again. Watch "Under a Blood Red Sky" again. Bono's been this way for ages. That's part of the charm and even "mystery" of U2.

The 90's stripped much of that msytery away as U2 fully exposed themselves (by ironically, hiding behind the concept of irony). But their messages have always been there, even with ZOO TV. I can say that if it weren't for U2, I wouldn't have been exposed (or as exposed) to numerous injustices or charitable organizations. Their political views, their preaching - they are always part of the show (and the music).

I'm sure his bandmates agree with me.

If they did, I'm sure they would say something.

But none the less. I love Bono. Always will.

I do agree with this part. :up:

Another thing that bothers me is that the people who hate Bono then they themselves defend their idols and band when they do not deserve it. These people called us blind fans, but then they´re even blinder ¬¬ I don´t consider myself a blind fan and I care my idols as the persons and the artists they are, not only because of the physical like many people think.

Back
Top Bottom