Why no U2 guitar hero?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Theres a lot of people in this thread who hate Guitar Hero. I don't know why. :| First off, let me say that I play guitar and don't own guitar hero. However I've played it, and I like the game because it's fun and for the most part has good music.

The upside is that this exposes kids to older music. The downside is that it doesn't encourage kids to pick up a real instrument. But then again who knows, maybe it does? I think most kids who play guitar hero don't have the motivation to pick up an instrument anyways, so I don't think Guitar Hero and Rock Band are decreasing the number of musicians much.

That said, I wouldn't make a U2 guitar hero, but I am suprised that not a single U2 song has been included on Guitar Hero or Rock Band. I mean, there are some songs that would work fine, like The Fly or UTEOFW, or basically anything from Achtung Baby. Beautiful Day would work too I think.

ok thats all I have to say :wave:

Anybody bitching about Rock Band obviously hasn't had five friends over to play while killing off a case of beer. And plenty of U2 songs would be awesome. If you're talking about how it would be too easy, you have no concept of the game. They can make any song as hard or difficult as they want.

Isn't there suppose to be some sort of pedal board that being made for the GH series? I heard there was one being developed and maybe it'll be used to make songs more challenging by switching effects and whatnot.

Perfect for a U2 GH IMO :hmm:

I think a U2 Guitar Hero would be great. You'd have stages from all over their career - you could play Zoo TV, Lovetown, Popmart, Vertigo, 360, etc...

Then like they do with bands that have their own games, you'd have some songs from artists like the Buzzcocks, Clash, Beatles, etc. and then contemporaries that Bono loves like The Killers, and Kings of Leon and that.

Whatever, I just want to tear up 11OTT at Red Rocks.

They're making a Beatles Rock Band, so why not U2? I'd say a lot of their songs are about the same difficulty to play.

Once Bono knows that Beatles music is going in a video game, and if it's successful, I think he wouldn't mind the idea.

Besides. When they make GH's that are artist-specific, they don't just put all songs by one band. They talk to the band and find out what songs to put in from other artists that the band has toured with or influenced or has been influenced by. So a U2 game would have half U2 music and half who knows what. Then they get them to do motion capture for their on-screen characters, which would be hilarious if they could get the band to do it. Larry in that little one-piece outfit with the white tracking balls all over him. :lmao:

I'm both a guitar player (pretty decent) and a guitar hero player (not as decent) and I know for a FACT that U2 has numerous songs that would work extremely well for guitar hero or rock band. It must be licensing or something that is preventing it.

I have a friend who is a big Rock Band player and is active in the RB community, and he mentioned to me awhile ago that there was a rumor that Streets, The Fly, Magnificent, Breathe, and Boots were going to be released as DLC for RB... apparently nothing came out of said rumor, though.

I don't care what folks say. I teach elementary school. I own Guitar Hero and Rock band. The kids in my class were born in 1998. There are other children in my school who are younger.

Often times, when they are working....I play music. Obviously, the kids are well versed in U2 because of me....

But when I throw on my 90's grunge...like the Peppers, Nirvana, Pumpkins and any of those other bands...I'm always shocked to see kids who know the words or can sing the lyrics to "Creep" without a problem.

To me? This is a good thing. Educate the youth. U2 should have a song in the game catalogue. The Fly would be perfect. Royalties would be huge.

Hook the youth on the back catalogue.

Anywhoo. The children in my class were the first kids anywhere to hear "Boots".

Up to yesterday, a few of them couldn't believe how they've heard the song everywhere.

There is BEATLES ROCK BAND that is current in the works & almost finished.

yeah... and it's gonna be GREAT!! :drool::drool:

And I think a U2 ROck Band game would also be magnificent..

It's one of the few bands who deserve a complete game , imagine going thru the eras and albums, there's so many rocking songs

Back
Top Bottom