Why do U2 take so long to make/release a new album ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono.

Plus they have recently gone for long two year plus tours and I think the perceived 'failure' of Pop has made them cautious of releasing a Zooropa type album.

Laziness? Perfectionism? Family commitments? Bono hobnobbing with the rich and powerful around the globe? Other commitments?

Probably a little bit of truth to all of them, really.

And I'll take three albums in one year which would open up a large bitchfest for the fact that they haven't taken enough time on their work.
:hyper:

Yes, Bono is responsible for everything, even for the lousy weather we've had recently. :tsk:

How about: Because they went on a long world tour and did a lot of other stuff? In fact, they didn't work 4 years on the album, more like 2 years, and that isn't really long.

Yes, Bono is responsible for everything, even for the lousy weather we've had recently. :tsk:

How about: Because they went on a long world tour and did a lot of other stuff? In fact, they didn't work 4 years on the album, more like 2 years, and that isn't really long.

I think a sense of sarcasm was lost in this post. I don't think it really has been too long at all - taking into account that they did have four legs of a world tour. It's a simple case of time flying when you are saving the world.

:yes: Better than they make an album every two years which turns out to be crap. Does it help the thread if Larry said he wanted another album out soon?

I've never seen a thread on this before . . . don't know why this dude's getting so much sarcasm.

I'll just say that I don't think Bono's humanitarian work is responsible for their slowed pace. I mean they recorded Boy and October in about 2 or 3 weeks, so I hardly think his celebrity appearances here and there are adding 2.5 years onto the albums' completion. It's just that they're older guys, and they have no pressure from record companies to produce anymore. U2 are really craftsmen who care about the effort put into polishing their record, so of course as they get older and the odds of their staying at the top get longer, they're gonna take more time. I guess they're entitled to it after this long at the top, but I do hope we see the next album (after NLOTH) before 2014!

Apparently Bono still hasn't figure out how to speed up the process and he's been thinking about that since the 80's .

[youtube]nG8qMw1OaXc[/youtube]

From 1:35 to 2:30

Back
Top Bottom