Why do so many people (even U2 fans) have issues with Bono?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a joke :lmao:

Rolling Stones and Green Day??? Yes they are known so much for their humanitarian efforts... Kluni???:lol:

Spineless? To meet with someone that may cause you some credibility points and tarnish your image? That's the exact opposite of spineless.

You don't really know much about how these things work, do you?

Maybe you should go back to posting about Ali.
Yes, Kluni. Google it! :lol:
That's my friend's old joke .:D She lived some time in Eastern Europe.Of course I mean George Clooney.They call him this way.:lol:
I shouldn't post in the serious talk.:doh: Sorry.

Rolling Stones and Green Day??? Yes they are known so much for their humanitarian efforts..
If they don't talk about it doesn't mean they don't do it .
You don't really know much about how these things work, do you?
Apparently you do.
Maybe you should go back to posting about Ali
Why would I? She's Bono's perfect match. I think I'm in love with her now. She couldn't just write a check for 100000$. No. She needs to jump from a building while reporters take the pics and then she writes her check. I like her now! I LIKE THEM BOTH !!! I LIKE MY TWO ATTENTION WHORES!!!
So, I don't have anything bad to say about her anymore!:heart::heart::heart:

If they don't talk about it doesn't mean they don't do it .
Yes, they are doing the super secret undercover humanitarian work that is saving lives as we speak...:doh:

Apparently you do.
As a matter of fact, yes.
Why would I? She's Bono's perfect match. I think I'm in love with her now. She couldn't just write a check for 100000$. No. She needs to jump from a building while reporters take the pics and then she writes her check. I like her now! I LIKE THEM BOTH !!! I LIKE MY TWO ATTENTION WHORES!!!
:ohmy::crack::huh:

Looks like someone else needs some attention too...

Bono is just a family man and a nerd. I hate when he proclaims everywhere and everytime his "love" to his beard wife and family. Do we really need to know about his elderly boring love's life?:huh: Come on Bono! Be yourself! You are a pop-singer who is trying to go anywhere and to do anything to be far away from his boring marriage like everyone of us!:doh::angry:

Why would I? She's Bono's perfect match.

Anybody else sensing a little bit of jealousy?

A land where you can judge people's personal lives without knowing them, but being jealous of them is out of the question...

I'm guessing Hypocriteville.

Seek help. Seriously.

Seek help. Seriously.
How much time do you spent here everyday? Ask yourself who need help then?
Galeongirl; said:
I wonder what country our new best friend is from. Sure as hell ain't an English speaking one!
I have never said I'm a native-born! :shrug: So what! I don't hide it!

I never said you should hide it. I'm just saying it's quite obvious you are not native English because of your atrocious spelling/grammar.

FYI, I'm not a native-born either, yet people can't tell by my typing.

And the fact that Gabe may or may not need help takes nothing away from the fact you need it. That's quite odd reasoning.

How much time do you spent here everyday? Ask yourself who need help then?

I am a native born, english speaking and have no trouble reading your post. I am sure. I would make many mistakes. If I were writing in your native language.

I may not agree with everything you have said. But, I won't make fun of you. You have a right to your opinion. And so do others, as long as it is respectful.

To me, it looks like fren is just trying to rile people up. Yeah, maybe these posts really are just fren's opinion, but a person has to know that saying such a thing on a board filled with U2 fans is going to ruffle feathers.

Also, referring to Ali as Bono's beard goes against our rules:

What is unacceptable in PLEBA? (and the rest of the forum)

Posting about the band's private life, questioning their marriages or sexuality is not allowed. Graphic sexual comments about the band in general will not be allowed. There is a level of decency and respect for the band we need to follow.

Let's try to keep any further discussion as civil and respectful as possible, please...and I am directing that request at everyone.

I agree....I didn't understand the "beard" comment. At first. But, now I do. And your are right. it is "disrespectful." I wouldn't appreciate someone saying that to my husband about me.

Back to topic......One of the reasons, I admire Bono is that he has been married for a long time. The same amount of years as my husband and myself. If Bono is a nerd, then so am I. I see nothing wrong with being faithful to your spouse and family.

I don't know about you guys but I really don't give a crap about Bono's life. I didn't get into U2 because I thought Bono was an excellent human being. On the contrary, i find him to be quite obnoxious most of the time, and his lyrics of late range from pretty good to absolutely pathetic. Plus, I think his personality is contradictory. He's both humble and selfdeprecating yet thinks he's the greatest of all time. Isn't this the model for Nietzschze's Overman? (just kidding)

So yea, I think Bono is actually an annoying guy. If he were my neighbor I'd avoid getting into any long conversations. However, I thought Bono was the fucking MAN in the 90's!!! But i guess that was all a ruse and I fell for it. He seemed like a more serious guy in the 80's, but serious in a very mature way, whereas now its almost as if he's lost his marbles, either the bright lights have partially fried his brain or he's just becoming senile.

On the plus side, Adam seems like a chill guy, and Edge has a funny dry sense of humor. Larry is someone you'd want on your side in a bar fight.

At the end of the day, I do love their music. Well, most of it anyway. Like 95%

To me, it looks like fren is just trying to rile people up. Yeah, maybe these posts really are just fren's opinion, but a person has to know that saying such a thing on a board filled with U2 fans is going to ruffle feathers.
Also, referring to Ali as Bono's beard goes against our rules:
I thought noone could notice it because I striked it off. :sexywink:

However, I thought Bono was the fucking MAN in the 90's!!! But i guess that was all a ruse and I fell for it. He seemed like a more serious guy in the 80's, but serious in a very mature way, whereas now its almost as if he's lost his marbles, either the bright lights have partially fried his brain or he's just becoming senile.
He is becoming old like everyone of us. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom