Why do so many people (even U2 fans) have issues with Bono?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i mean if you really want to know here is a point of view from a bono hater..

he gives 11 reasons why

The eleven worst songs of 2004.

6. How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb - U2 - All Because Of You

This is the one song on the album that U2's arrogant fans can't come to a consensus about. Some believe it's a song about life, some death, and others God. One thing I think everyone can agree on is: nobody cares.

:rockon:

People say Bono has a huge ego, but I think at the end of the day, Bono is really self-consciouses and sometimes probably has self-esteem problems. We all know he likes to make fun of himself, and I think he actually is a really down to earth guy. He hides behind the sunglasses and egotism maybe because he is actually somewhat insecure deep down. At least that has always been my theory on Bono. and I really do think Bono is a great guy who means well. I think he legitimately cares about his causes and is trying to do good in this world.

Finally somebody understands me. Seriously :sad:

These is why I do have :
1. Because he is opportunist! He thinks that it's ok to do ANYTHING for his purposes- he is hanging out with the worst politics of the world like Bush and a lot more. It's disgustingly! People shouldn't do anything for to reach their aims however these aims would be specious !:angry:
2. Because Bono thinks he's a rock-star but the rock-stars are rebels ! Bono is just a family man and a nerd. I hate when he proclaims everywhere and everytime his "love" to his beard wife and family. Do we really need to know about his elderly boring love's life?:huh: Come on Bono! Be yourself! You are a pop-singer who is trying to go anywhere and to do anything to be far away from his boring marriage like everyone of us!:doh::angry:

These is why I do have :
1. Because he is opportunist! He thinks that it's ok to do ANYTHING for his purposes- he is hanging out with the worst politics of the world like Bush and a lot more. It's disgustingly! People shouldn't do anything for to reach their aims however these aims would be specious !:angry:
2. Because Bono thinks he's a rock-star but the rock-stars are rebels ! Bono is just a family man and a nerd. I hate when he proclaims everywhere and everytime his "love" to his beard wife and family. Do we really need to know about his elderly boring love's life?:huh: Come on Bono! Be yourself! You are a pop-singer who is trying to go anywhere and to do anything to be far away from his boring marriage like everyone of us!:doh::angry:

:gah:

I feel better...now.

These is why I do have :

:crack:

These is why I do have :

It takes me a lot to complain about the shit someone else writes... but seriously, is there a prize for worst post of the year?

Sorry? i was deadly serious.
Girls... Is this place PLEBA too?:angry: Where I can write what I want to?:angry:

There are two types of major rock stars in the world: 1) those who are beholden to the blues, traditional forms, and musicality for music's sake. This type is epitomized by somebody like Eric Clapton. Then, there is 2) those who are performers and spirit-raisers, particularly those of the post-punk generation. This type is epitomized by Bono or Gavin Friday or Morrissey or Michael Stipe.

In my experience, the two types don't get along. For example, my dad is the first type, and he also thinks Bono is an arrogant prick. And he's never heard a U2 album. It's not a generational/age thing, it's just two different perspectives.

Although I've always been a huge U2 fan, I can understand the U2-haters at times (not the mindless "Bono is a douche!" ones, but the more intelligent variety). U2 can be a bit boring, bit self-important, and of course Bono's endless sermons on stage are easy to mock and parody -- I don't think there's any doubt that even his bandmates have criticized him for this at times. You know, there's the attitude -- quite understandable -- which is: "we're here for a concert, so shut up and play the songs." I sometimes feel that way, too.

There are two other factors I'll mention for why a lot of people hate Bono:
1) U2 have been the world' biggest group for at least 22 years -- this is not comparable to any other group, and so they are the biggest and easiest target of casual music fans -- and Bono is the face of U2.
2) U2 -- and esp. Bono -- are thoroughly uncool. They themselves know this and celebrate it almost, but I think, to a lot of casual music fans, U2's nerdiness (which endears itself to fans of other bands) turns people off. U2 is almost too willing to stick its collective neck out, in the hopes that critics will chop it off (which they do). Yet, despite this fact, U2 stays big and keeps getting bigger and bigger.... which just fuels their detractors' fire.

I realize this post is a few pages old, but I'm just getting around to reading this thread... this post is absolutely dead right.

Sorry? i was deadly serious.
Where I can write what I want to?:angry:

You can write whatever you want, but we can also respond anyway we want...

And when you don't understand that meeting with Presidents actually gets something done, hint at Bono being gay, and attack someone for something as trivial and stupid as being married well then expect people to call you out on it...

You can write whatever you want, but we can also respond anyway we want...

And when you don't understand that meeting with Presidents actually gets something done, hint at Bono being gay, and attack someone for something as trivial and stupid as being married well then expect people to call you out on it...

To meet with the man who had murdered and tortured the millions of Iraquis and this way to give him good publicity ? Nice.:huh: If he wouldn't be the President of USA he would be suit as the war criminal!
As about trivial.. Yes. It is. Boringly trivial!

I'm sure Bono has had second thoughts about meeting with him and what it did (or didn't) end up accomplishing, but I doubt he gave Bush a free pass over the war in Iraq and in fact has publicly stated that they were against the war in Iraq. On one hand, he might even regret it. On the other, think of how many Republicans he might have won over with reaching out to 'their side'..it could make a difference in how future congress votes for aid packages/debt relief/generic medications etc.

Is Bush a murderer and a war criminal? Sure, I think so. But at the end of the day there is always a dictator, murderer, crazy person who people we respect have to meet with to try to negotiate a better world for us and, more importantly, for people who don't have the luxury of sitting at a computer keyboard playing armchair politics.

i hate Bono too.....wait.....is no one looking? it looks like no one is around........I LOVE BONO!!!!!.......whew......glad no one heard that........

To meet with the man who had murdered and tortured the millions of Iraquis and this way to give him good publicity ? Nice.:huh: If he wouldn't be the President of USA he would be suit as the war criminal!
I don't necessarily disagree with you, but Bono's goal was about something entirely different, in no way did Bono meeting with Bush give any legitamcy to the war. What was he suppose to do wait until Bush was out of office to get anything done?

As about trivial.. Yes. It is. Boringly trivial!
You make it sound like he goes on and on about it... Maybe if you spend time in PLEBA in the real world most people don't even know Ali's name or heard him talk all that much about his married life.

ifuckinghatebonohisfuckingface_2_108496_black-blue-print_m.jpg

shootbonointheface.jpg

Everytime I see those sites I take solace in the fact that my online craziness is generally limited to a few drunkpostings and the odd wacky thought here on how much I love U2, MJ, house music, or whatever..

Those people? Serious issues. I can't for the life of me imagine dedicating time or for god's sake, an entire web campaign, to blasting away at a musician.

Bono is just a family man and a nerd. I hate when he proclaims everywhere and everytime his "love" to his beard wife and family.

That is probably the most WTF thing I've ever read on this site about Bono.

Oh, and nerds are awesome, so I don't know what your beef is. Oh noez, Bono isn't a rock star cliche!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom