Why did you buy the uber deluxe box of achtung baby?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kenny_a

The Fly
I ordered the uber deluxe edition, just because I've been listening to the cd I bought original at the time and it was the digipak so it's wearing off by now.
I also did it for the fly shades even though I have those already.
Achtung Baby was for me one of the greatest albums u2 ever made, so everything from that era I like,but I'm also a guy who likes to buy original versions and not downloads that are not officially released.
Yes, it was expensive but I think it'll be great when it arrives!

Why did you bought it?

Yeah, sorry English isn't my native language.
So here we go : Why did you buy the uber deluxe box?

And you already seem to have everything right? :wink:

I don't mind having a lot of repackaged items. But is it worth $685 to get two new CD's and two new DVD's? Are they even worth $300? :shrug:

Damn, the grammar police are gonna have a field day with that one...

Eh. Given all the typos and mistakes most native English speaking people make in the online world, I doubt people will care. :up:

I don't mind having a lot of repackaged items. But is it worth $685 to get two new CD's and two new DVD's? Are they even worth $300? :shrug:

I haven't even really seen the real price to be honest and it seems to change daily...

BUT there's more to it than that...

Everyone know you can steal all this audio and video soon after it's released.

So honestly "value" when speaking about these box sets is arbitrary.

I guess one should ask it this way.

If you had to buy the sunglasses, the book, the cds, the dvds, the buttons, etc all at RETAIL, how much would it cost?

Because I'm a sheep and I MUST HAVE everything U2 put out. It's a compulsive obsessive disorder, with no possible treatment.

And once again, for the record, the UBER boxset will be around 300 USD or less. NOT 600.

I collect Bono sunglasses and have to get this pair. Still not exactly sure which ones they are. The pics don't look like the Propoganda version. I know they are a replica, but can't tell if it is the ZOOTV outside or inside broadcast. Plus, Achtung Baby is my one of my very favorite albums of all time.

Won't buy it. Shameless money grabs should not be rewarded, no matter how much of a u2 collector/ completist you are.

I did not and will not buy it *, because I do not need stickers, buttons, vinyl or ugly sunglasses.

I will, however, buy the Not-Quite-Uber version.

*If the price ever dropped below $200, I might, but at that point I'll have the other version, and I still wouldn't need stickers, buttons, vinyl or ugly sunglasses. So I probably wouldn't.

I collect Bono sunglasses and have to get this pair. Still not exactly sure which ones they are. The pics don't look like the Propoganda version. I know they are a replica, but can't tell if it is the ZOOTV outside or inside broadcast. Plus, Achtung Baby is my one of my very favorite albums of all time.

Theflyshades.com - Real Zoo Tv Fly Sunglasses | Facebook

"Theflyshades.com - Real Zoo Tv Fly Sunglasses
Theflyshades team is really proud to announce that we sold two pairs of the 1992 fly shades style to U2's stylist this past week for the shooting U2 is doing till today in Berlin, at Hansa studios... (more news to come as soon as we get it)"

Pretty sure it's made by those guys...

I really want to get uber, especially from universal store since you get the litho, but i really cant afford it :( I hope the price keeps going down before release!

I don't think the Uber version hits the spot
but it is a nifty looking contraption
if I would have bought it, it would have been because of the styling more than the content

No one has bought anything yet. I am hoping to swing the Uber. The album was incredibly important to me. 1991 was one of the most important times in my life and this was the sound of that year. I have a deeply personal relationship with the album.

Back
Top Bottom