Why are U2 so hated?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
7 posts in and Bring The Beat is already scaring me. Good work. :up:

MTV ain't dead. It has simply multiplied. Check your local listings. :lol:

Why are U2 so hated? Because people mock what they don't understand.

I don't know one person who likes Coldplay. And I know a lot of people.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Tbh, there really is no metric to determine biggest band in the world. it is all subjective. Biggest band this year, over 5 years, over 20 years, over 50 years. The answer would be different in each case.

There was a time when the answer to each question would be U2.

Not so now.

Which is the best band in the world? | Music | The Guardian

It actually doesn't matter who are the biggest band in the world.

What matters is the quality of your work.

Out of the 21st century when they went mainstream Coldplay has made some of the most revolutionary songs and music from Yellow to Viva la Vida. Out of the 21st century Coldplay remains the best product for music.

Other recent great 21st bands include: Vampire Weekend, The Black Keys and Arcade Fire, Foo Fighters and Radiohead. Coldplay is the best product of the 21st century.

But it subjective; at Best.

Coldplay are now the biggest band in the world.

A sad fact.

It is no longer the 2000s or the 1990s

I'm a big fan of Coldplay, but I don't want to accept that they are even within reach of that title.

U2 sell more concert tickets, though. And always will.

I hate Coldplay.

I don't care if you hate them or like them. This is the U2 area of the forum. Any prolonged dialogue about them should be discussed at Bang and Clatter.

If anything, Beyoncé is the "product of the 21st Century". More people give a shit about her than Coldplay.

Why do so many U2 fans feel the need for people to NOT hate U2? I remember growing up, everyone hated the Beatles. You can say all kinds of crap about "it's about Bono" or taxes or whatever but the bottom line is that it's because a band they don't like is too big to ignore......

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Out of the 21st century when they went mainstream Coldplay has made some of the most revolutionary songs and music from Yellow to Viva la Vida. Out of the 21st century Coldplay remains the best product for music.

:laugh: don't get me wrong, i stuck with Coldplay through Viva La Vida and A Rush of Blood to the Head is a great album, but revolutionary is about the last word I'd use to describe them, especially the typical pop ballad "Yellow" :huh:

U2 spent about 10 years trying to sound like Colplay.

At least on the last album, they are trying to sound like U2 again.

I close my eyes and think of the glorious U2 concerts I have been to. Mainly before 2003 when their music was still hip. Come to think of it so was I.

I have aged about the same as U2. Like a half opened bottle of wine.

Back
Top Bottom