Why are U2 so hated?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In closing, I truly enjoy "Shut up and Dance" but will ask again for emphasis: Where do we think they got this idea????

I happened to be listening to Shut Up And Dance when I came across this post. Fantastic song, and, yes, the guitar is very U2-like.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I love this song to pieces, it's catchy as hell, but for those who haven't heard it, listen to it! Especially the intro!!! I could go on and on with examples of songs the "cool kids" today love. They all have one thing in common. You can answer the question "where do you think they got that idea?" with "U2!"

In closing, I truly enjoy "Shut up and Dance" but will ask again for emphasis: Where do we think they got this idea????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbcCG7PkI18

Wow, it's like someone kidnapped the Explorer or something. That's a pretty damn direct Edge ripoff.

On Facebook today there was a story about the whole "Bono may never play guitar again" thing, and all the comments were hostile towards him eg "Pity he didn't fall on his mouth".
I thought, what a bunch of complete tossers. That sort of hatred is completely unwarranted.

Sent from my SM-G900I using U2 Interference mobile app

Yep the same people that were saying how he should have fallen out of the plane rather than his luggage. I wonder if they realise they are evil?

"All their songs sound the same."

Said every girlfriend until I showed them Under A Blood Red Sky.

Lol yeah I have heard that one too.i can't think of too many bands with u2s diversity. Discotheque sounds angel of Harlem? Riiight. I guess One sounds like HMTMKMKM as well? Morons.

No doubt it has something to do with the fans of the band for some people.

Would we really want the people that truly despise U2 to be fans anyway, I would say they have an acquired taste.

I guess this also means that Kanye discovered the Beatles in a way ;)

Kanye clearly transcends any notion of "generation". Kanye is his own generation.

Why are U2 so hated?

Who the f*** cares?

I wish they were a little more hated then I would be able to get tix cheaper/easier. :shrug:

They arent hated as much as some people would let on - those people wish U2 were hated more so they would go away but theyve basically been at or near the top going on 30 years now, and some people hate success.

U2 aren't hated by people because they're successful. They're hated for the freedom. Oh wait, that's America.

People hate U2 for one reason: this guy. And I don't mean the one called "George Bush Jr."
Occult%2BIlluminati%2B-%2BBush%2BJR%252C%2BBono%2B%2526%2BChristy%2BTurlington.jpg

images

9c600c0c4b1ee6d334db29e5bf62b93f.jpg

brits09-bono-590x350.jpg

Every new generation likes to take a punch at the old in order to assert their mastery over the current state of the world (and music scene too).

Some lame-o dad rocker. I think he had a hit in the '70s.

He did that Born to Run song, I think.

No that was Bon Jovi

Yeah, but didn't he ruin it by playing the Adele piano version?

Oh, right. McCartney did "Like a Rolling Stone". I always get them mixed up.

I especially loved his drumming on "When the Levee Breaks".

:lmao: Great stuff, guys!

Back
Top Bottom