Who's your 'Sugar Daddy'?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well this might be intressting, Tom Jones got a realy good voice and he might provocate Bono to sing in the higher register in the song :drool:

"You Too, Tom Jones" Tour Setlist opening night:
Sugar Daddy
Get On Your Boots
Big Girls Are Best

And so on...

Sex Bomb->straight into
Grand Finale: Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car

:drool:

Maybe another song for the swinger/crooner Bono.

suicide.gif

I loved Tom Jones and his show when I was little. (Actually still like him) so I can't wait to here this collaboration!!!!

Short Story: When I was little I didn't have a dad until I was 6 when my mother remarried. When people asked where was my dad, I would say he lived in another country. I would pretend that Tom Jones was my dad and was busy singing so he couldn't come home. Crazy right? But it got me through some difficult times when I was younger in dealing with other kids. :lol:

I think I read somewhere that Bonos mom would have Tom Jones blasting through house or something like that. :hmm:

It's NOT unusual...

From Gibson guitar site...

Bono And The Edge Write Song For New Tom Jones Album
U2’s Bono and the Edge have written a song for legendary British singer Tom Jones. Titled “Sugar Daddy,” the track was inspired by a meeting of the three friends in a pub in Dublin. The song will appear on Jones’ forthcoming album, 24 Hours, which is scheduled for release on Nov. 25.

The CD also includes covers of Bruce Springsteen’s “The Hitter” and the Tommy James and the Shondells classic, “I’m Alive.” In a first, however, Jones himself co-wrote more than half the songs.

“It’s all very well just singing songs, but for this record I really wanted to get properly personal,” Jones said, in a prepared statement. “I’ve been getting reflective recently, looking over my journey through life, and I wanted to make something that was all about me, my stories, to get that down in song. In other words, you listen to this album and you get the real me.”

Knighted by Her Majesty the Queen of England in 2006, Jones has sold more than one hundred million records worldwide, and had eighteen Top 40 singles and ten RIAA-certified gold albums in the United States. He plans to tour extensively in support of the new album.

―Russell Hall

This is great! I always wanted this collaboration to happen! Tom Jones' Reload album is fantastic. Hopefully this will be a great and fun song. Can't wait for it!

Back
Top Bottom