Who would you like to see produce U2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
First of all:

Rubin did not kill Death Magnetic. That is a fantastic fucking album.

Second of all:

You're all going to think I'm crazy, but I'd love to hear Bob Rock produce a U2 album. I think he's a fantastic producer and his production style would work wonderful with U2.

Dr. Luke and Max Martin!

Just kidding:lol:

I think Rick Ruben and Rob Cavallo would do good stuff for them.

Nigel Godrich would be fantastic. I was reading how he started with Paul McCartney. Turned up, listened to demos and basically said 'this is pretty bad.' and got him to start over and they made a pretty great album out of it.

I'm not saying no-one in U2's studio ever DARES to say 'look maybe do that again'...although I know a large number of us wish we could have been sat in the studio to intervene when Edge said "Hey guys how about THIS riff?!" and start playing the intro to Crumbs...BUT I think Nigel Godrich would be an amazing guy for them to work with...not just because he's worked with my favourite band either :wink:

Stock, Aitken & Waterman all the way.

hahaha!

hmm...I like the Timbaland and Reznor ideas, but not for a whole album, as mentioned earlier.

For an ENTIRE album? I'd say maybe Rick Rubin and Jacknife Lee.

They tried Rubin and it didn't work (he won't do with U2 what he did with Cash or Metallica - bring a great/real comeback album). Even Lillywhite, Eno and Lanois (depending on your opinion on the last two albums) don't always work.

Nigel Godrich, if the single version of Walk on is anything to go by.

Back
Top Bottom