Who out there are the Youngest and the Oldest U2 Fans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
47 and a half :D, and been a fan since I was 2 and Bono was 3. :wink:

Actually a fan since 1987. And will still be a fan when they come out with All the Teeth We've Left Behind in 2040.

I'm 30. I've been a fan since 1991, when my older sister (she's now 33) bought the best piece of music I've ever heard in my life: the Achtung Baby LP. Hope that NLOTH can change this... hahahaha.

Sorry ladies, I'm 57...

Probably a fan since Joshua Tree in 1986/87...a time of personal turmoil for me and "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" really meant something...until 2 years later...:heart:

Growing up in the 50's and 60's, I was more influenced by rock and roll and then the British Invasion...

Couldn't wait for Sunday nights to see who was on the Ed Sullivan show...those were the days... :sad:

I'll never forget when the Beatles played on Ed Sullivan. My brother and I were glued to the tiny black and white screen tv.

I'll never forget when the Beatles played on Ed Sullivan. My brother and I were glued to the tiny black and white screen tv.

Beatles, Kinks, The Byrds, Yardbirds, Dave Clark Five, Herman's Hermits, Rolling Stones, Peter and Gordon, Chad and Jeremy, Paul Revere and the Raiders, Doors...I vaguely remember the Elvis episode...

This should bring back some memories...

British Invasion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm 34. Been a fan since the Joshua Tree Rattle and Hum era. First show was the Zoo TV Outside Broadcast Rehearsal in Hershey, PA.

15. Sadly, not a lot of young fans here. I have one friend who likes U2, and he used to hate the. Because the only song he had ever heard was Vertigo :wink: eventually I got him into it. But no other young people here like U2. When I ask people...I get the following responses...Whats U2? or Vertigo's ok.. or no, vertigo sucks. Its pretty much the only song people here have heard of by them. When their new album, maybe some people will like 1 or 2 songs from it... :doh:

oh, and all my teachers LOVE U2. haha. Especially all the old ones. I was wearing a Joshua Tree shirt once and an old teacher stopped me and goes, "JOSHUA TREE '87!!!! GREAT YEAR!!!!" haha kinda freaked me out :wink:

...and whats really sad, is that all my friends who don't know who U2 is, which is most of them, still know who Bono is :lol: (and hate him :wink:)

oh, and all my teachers LOVE U2. haha. Especially all the old ones. I was wearing a Joshua Tree shirt once and an old teacher stopped me and goes, "JOSHUA TREE '87!!!! GREAT YEAR!!!!" haha kinda freaked me out :wink:

...and whats really sad, is that all my friends who don't know who U2 is, which is most of them, still know who Bono is :lol: (and hate him :wink:)

Just curious, why do your friends hate Bono? People in my age group {fifties} respect him for his campaigning in regards to Africa. We see him as a hero, for those who don't have a public voice.

15. Sadly, not a lot of young fans here. I have one friend who likes U2, and he used to hate the. Because the only song he had ever heard was Vertigo :wink: eventually I got him into it. But no other young people here like U2. When I ask people...I get the following responses...Whats U2? or Vertigo's ok.. or no, vertigo sucks. Its pretty much the only song people here have heard of by them. When their new album, maybe some people will like 1 or 2 songs from it... :doh:

Well I have a feeling that this album will impress the younger generation. Bono even said that the young kids better watch out referring to NLOTH. But Bono is known to talk a bit of shit :wink:

Anyway I'm 33 and been a fan since Achtung Baby was released :drool:

Well I have a feeling that this album will impress the younger generation. Bono even said that the young kids better watch out referring to NLOTH. But Bono is known to talk a bit of shit :wink:

Anyway I'm 33 and been a fan since Achtung Baby was released :drool:

I hope us older kids like it too! :wave:

My kids are teens and like U2 and Bono a lot, but see mostly the opposite from their age group. One friend of theirs tried to actually ridicule me for liking Bono, so when I questioned them as to actually what it was they hated him so much for, I found she had no actual reason at all. It was a complete lemming following the herd thing. :shrug:

I'm the same age... and I'm in the same situation. :wave:

Back
Top Bottom