Which Songs Should Have Been Singles?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Stand Up Comedy is the song that not only defines U2, but this entire generation. Much more impactful than The Fly or With Or Without You

War:
NYD and THBAO were the right choices, but they also needed SBS and 40.

Er, SBS and 40 both were. 40 only in Germany though, under the title "40 (How Long)". And I cannot fathom why on earth it was. Literally every other song on War would make for a better single.

TUF:
Pride and TUF were the right choices, but they also needed Bad and ASOH.

Can I introduce you to Wide Awake in America?

To be serious, I expect that's why UF only had two singles.

TJT:
The three they chose are the obvious choices. But I also think RHMT, IGC, and OTH would make great singles. (I know IGT and OTH were "kind of" singles though).

Ah yes, that song that was number one for over six weeks in New Zealand, longer than any other U2 song. Only "kind of" a single.

Are the All Blacks' three Rugby World Cup victories only "kind of" global domination? Does New Zealand only "kind of" hold the America's Cup at the moment? Is One Tree Hill only "kind of" a song in the first place? Was Greg Carroll only "kind of" Bono's roadie? New Zealand's as valid a market as anywhere.

*Awaits getting shouted at and called names for having an opinion*

That's what I'm here for. :wink:

Er, SBS and 40 both were. 40 only in Germany though, under the title "40 (How Long)". And I cannot fathom why on earth it was. Literally every other song on War would make for a better single.

Only in a few regions though. That's why I mentioned them.

Ah yes, that song that was number one for over six weeks in New Zealand, longer than any other U2 song. Only "kind of" a single.

I'm sure you knew what I meant.

Back
Top Bottom