Which song on HTDAAB predicts NLOTH?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liesje

Blue Crack Addict
Apologies if this has already been discussed....I don't usually get into heavy discussions on the new material (just listen....for days), but I was thinking about which song on HTDAAB most closely predicts the material on NLOTH. I was trying to describe the new album to a friend, in general terms without any spoilers, and was trying to make a comparison to HTDAAB. What do you guys think?

One Step Closer. Its mood foreshadows the mood on NLOTH. Though the subject matter of the song itself is very different than NLOTH.

Hmmm the thing is themactically the album is not related to Atomic Bomb at all. No Line is less first person from Bono's point of view and more in character.

Musically it is similar to Love and Peace or maybe One Step Closer.

I used to think when Bomb came out that LAPOE, Mercy or Fast cars would point the way.

But it's OSC.

One Step Closer (though the intro to LAPOE wouldn't be out of place on this album)

I love this song :drool: Definitely underrated around these parts...

I know you asked a question about NLOTH's specific relation to HTDAAB, but I'd rather answer truthfully and to do so, I must say that NLOTH is most like the Passengers album - if Passengers was a fully fleshed out album.

If one goes back and reads about the making of Passengers (the album, that is) and how there was potentially supposed to be a second, it seems as though everything has finally come full circle. Massive participation by Eno.

Actually, NLOTH seems like the following equation:

Passengers + Interested Larry = NLOTH

lolz.

Catch my drift? Just listen to United Colours, Plot 180 or even Let's Go Native and then compare it to Fez-Being Born

:hmm: I'm actually not thinking of HTDAAB - if I had to choose something, maybe One Step Closer

Musically, it reminds me more of Achtung, even a little Pop........

Me too. I think Unknown Caller is the character of THE FLY thinking about suicide and this is GOD answering his phone call ( The Fly was described by Bono as a phone call from Hell)

Back
Top Bottom