Which bands would you like to see open for U2 in 2009-10?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
JAMES would be a superb band to open for U2, and am sure they would be available. AND.....both produced By Brain Eno!

Wow, I was just about to say this...

I think James would be a perfect opener in the U.S. they have a new album, which is superb, they are trying to make their comeback and they never really broke here in the states. Plus I think some of the guys are friends, or at least admirers of each others work, I've heard Tim name drop Bono's name at gigs before.

I think they are probably a little too big in Europe to open for them, but here would be perfect.

Another James fan here, what a great combo that would be...

James sells out big arenas on their own in the British Isles, but only played 1,000-person halls here in the US on their most recent tour this past Autumn (which was quite amazing - very transcendent shows).

According to Tim, his band is supposed to come back to the US next year for another go around, but I guess they might be able to switch it around if U2 invites them out instead.

James would be the best opening act for U2 ever.

James - "Sit Down" - Live in Manchester, 2001

[youtube]WId0WS48JgM[/youtube]​

Wow, I was just about to say this...

I think James would be a perfect opener in the U.S. they have a new album, which is superb, they are trying to make their comeback and they never really broke here in the states. Plus I think some of the guys are friends, or at least admirers of each others work, I've heard Tim name drop Bono's name at gigs before.

I think they are probably a little too big in Europe to open for them, but here would be perfect.

I just got back at 4am from James gig in Glasgow. They were Superb. Best i have heard them since they reformed. Could deffo win over a lot of U2 fans in my opinion, regadless of Europe or US. They have enuff good toons in their cannon to pull it off :up::up:

Kings of Leon for they are the best band around at the mo but me thinks Kings of Leon are too big to be a support act now! they sold 22,000 tickets for London in record time at the O2 beating the likes of madonna, coldplay and Prince

Kings of Leon for they are the best band around at the mo but me thinks Kings of Leon are too big to be a support act now! they sold 22,000 tickets for London in record time at the O2 beating the likes of madonna, coldplay and Prince

well, I highly doubt they would open for U2 again and really it's not because they are too big. This last album of theirs is doing well in the US but they are not big enough to sell out most 22,000 seating venues here.

well, I highly doubt they would open for U2 again and really it's not because they are too big. This last album of theirs is doing well in the US but they are not big enough to sell out most 22,000 seating venues here.

Sorry i meant here in UK i suppose there is a possibility they may do the rest of Europe or US but did'nt they sell out Maddison Square Gardens as well which is around 22,000?

Sorry i meant here in UK i suppose there is a possibility they may do the rest of Europe or US but did'nt they sell out Maddison Square Gardens as well which is around 22,000?

possibly.. i don't live up north but still seeing them open for u2 3 yrs ago they were awful so I guess they have improved some but not enough for me to spend the money to go see them. :shrug:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom