Which bands would you like to open U2's next tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Third Day

ThirdDayStreet.jpg

Editors
My morning jacket
Bright eyes
Elbow
Damien Rice
Bloc party
Rufus Wainright
Deus

All above would be cool and i propably forgot a couple.

Doves have a new album coming out early next year. They would be a great band to open up for U2.

Don't get mad..... Doves>Coldplay

I hope it is not The Last Shadow Puppets either :yawn: Adams nice drive clip shows that the band have an interest in them,

NOT THE KILLERS ETHER UUGGHHH:rant: , anybody else infuriated by Brandon Flowers " U2 are old and should retire" comments? :madwife: , although they will have a new album out soon and will prolly be planning a tour around the same time as U2's, hopefully not with them, :no: :pray:

your "yawn" to the last shadow puppets shows complete ignorance to the stunning, refreshing, and downright awe-inspiring album that those guys have released. plus, your reference to Brandon Flower's comments, taken completely out of context, isn't as much offensive as it is idiotic.

He's open in his desire for the Killers to be a stadium-sized act, to catch up with Coldplay and join up with U2 on the top 'pedestal... They're getting old. You know there's going to be a coupla songs on [U2's new] record you're just going to love. They're unbelievable. But there's gotta be... I dunno, it feels like it's time.'

while Brandon Flowers is talking about becoming the greatest band in the world, like their "unbelievable" heroes U2 are now, everyone's taken those words entirely out of context and called it a bash on U2's age. Flowers was in the heart for the Elevation show in Vegas. He, along with the rest of The Killers, have repeatedly cited U2 as one of their favorite bands. maybe if you had actually read the entire article you could have understood what Flowers was trying to say.

it's a well-known fact that The Killers have caught U2's attention (along with the rest of Europe and the United States). you should take a note from the best band ever: The Killers rock. there is no more deserving band to tour with U2.

The Verve are a watered down U2?

This forum continues to make less and less sense

Dont get me wrong Irishteen I think The Verve are a great band!
but I do think they are overated, to have only 4 albums over nearly twelve years, and the only one I would call a great album is Urban Hymes, altough there other albums have some great songs I think they are mostly mediocre, on a live stage I dont they have the songs to compete with U2, in short, my above quoted comment was not meaning to say they are a bad band, its just I think alot of U2,.

Jonas Brothers would be a nice mix lol or New kids on the block FTW!
Get them young-ins into the U2...

LOL

I sincerely hope you are joking! :yikes: There would be *so* many people not showing up until well into the show! Let the kiddies have their own show somewhere else.

I agree with those who say "no" to Kings of Leon. And I also agree with Arcade Fire and was glad to see Editors already mentioned. :applaud:

The Frames would be an excellent choice, use your influence to show the world another great Irish band.

Dont get me wrong Irishteen I think The Verve are a great band!
but I do think they are overated, to have only 4 albums over nearly twelve years, and the only one I would call a great album is Urban Hymes, altough there other albums have some great songs I think they are mostly mediocre, on a live stage I dont they have the songs to compete with U2, in short, my above quoted comment was not meaning to say they are a bad band, its just I think alot of U2,.

4 albums in 15 years when they broke up for eight of those; that's 4 albums in 7 years basically

And I don't even see how you can compare the bands at all live; the band have very few crowd sing alongs and most of their stuff is more jam like; and saying things like watered down U2 makes them sound like you think of them as U2-lite which for a band who's music is shoegaze (early) to pop with shoegaze influence (Urban Hymns) I just think comparisons to U2 are just funny

I think those wishing for big name bands are thinking wishfully a bit. They'd get shows in their own right. And has a band ever supported two tours running? Surely they'd find the Arcade Fire of Kings of Leon of now, not use the same band again.

But for me there's only one choice - and that's my brotha Kanye.

black kids (they would do it cuz they don't know they're cool yet)

:yippie:

I'm not gonna teach him how to dance with you.

Left-footed bastard

Russell Robertson ----> Australian leg. :wink:

:hi5:

Best joke ever.

Josh Ritter
The National
The Killers
Arcade Fire
Keane (I really enjoyed them when they opened in Boston...do they have a new album out soon???)

Back
Top Bottom