Which album would you love for them to play in it's entirety live?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheEdge25

Refugee
I know most people will say JT or AB which, of course, would be just jaw-droppingly incredible. I will agree with everyone that says those two albums.

But my personal choice would have to be Zooropa. If they played that album live, start to finish, I would die happy. Of course, they'd have to work out some of the kinks on the songs live, but stuff like Zooropa (from the 360 tour), Dirty Day, Lemon, Daddy's Gonna Pay are concert gold. Babyface and Numb could use a rework I think.

I was also thinking if they did this as a one-off concert and could include some hits, the setlist would look something like this:

1 - Zooropa
2 - Babyface
3 - Numb
4 - Lemon
5 - Stay
6 - Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
7 - Some Days Are Better Than Others
8 - The First Time
9 - Dirty Day
10 - The Wanderer
---Zoo Baby Intermision---
11 - Even Better Than The Real Thing
12 - The Fly
13 - Mysterious Ways
14 - One
15 - I Will Follow
16 - I Still Haven't Found
17 - All I Want Is You
18 - Where The Streets Have No Name
19 - Pride (In The Name of Love)
20 - With or Without You
21 - Bad

:drool:

Passengers.

It'd be their last concert ever though, as after it Larry will go and kill himself.

But seriously, Pop would be pretty damn badass. I'd love to hear Mofo, Discotheque, Gone, LNOE again, and to see them figure out DYFL and Playboy Mansion.

AB would be my first choice. Zooropa would be my second choice. Almost all the songs from AB have been played live so I think we'd have a good idea of how those would go down. I think the Zooropa songs could be nicely retouched, such as what they did with the title track this summer. I especially loved Babyface live, so that would be killer to see.

Agree with Nick. The Unforgettable Fire. We already have heard most of Joshua and Achtung live, at least recently.

Absolutely a no brainer with The Unforgettable Fire, in my opinion.

There's so much atmosphere produced with that album. It'd be one gigantic chill-fest.

Achtung.

Not sure why so many people are clamouring for TUF so bad. 4th of July and MLK are inconsequential, and I don't see Promenade and Elvis working that well. Maybe if you swapped those tracks for Love Comes Tumbling and a few others :drool:

For those saying POP, you missed out on Vegas (opening night). Played everything except Playboy & Wake Up Deadman. Though most of the songs were pretty raw.

I would go w/ NLOTH. To me that album showcases everyone's skills and will come across live beautifully.

Steps - The Ultimate Collection

or

Jeff Waynes Musical Version of The War Of The Worlds.

Your thread title didn't say it had to be a U2 album:wink:

I gotta say War. The two chestnuts from the album that have survived into the 2000s are great, but what about cool tunes like 'Seconds' (lyrics a bit dated now), 'Two Hearts Beat As One', 'Drowning Man', and 'Surrender'? It would be as cool as sliced bread to see the 50-year-old U2 bang through the 10 tracks on War like the 22-year-olds did in 1983 when they were young guns. Could they still maintain the raw intensity of those tracks? Also, it'd be nice to hear a U2 gig end with '40' again.

Achtung.

Not sure why so many people are clamouring for TUF so bad. 4th of July and MLK are inconsequential, and I don't see Promenade and Elvis working that well. Maybe if you swapped those tracks for Love Comes Tumbling and a few others :drool:

If Elvis Presley could be done as magnificently live as it is on the album, it just might be my favorite song. And shit... I have songs that are near and dear to my heart lyrically. Elvis Presley means nothing to me lyrically. But the atmosphere surrounding it still captures me like nothing else. For a meaningless song, it is something really magical. I dunno... I can say that it is officially the only song I have ever fallen asleep to (multiple times).

Although according to U2gigs or whatnot they've only played the song once live (and even that shocks me).

For those saying POP, you missed out on Vegas (opening night). Played everything except Playboy & Wake Up Deadman. Though most of the songs were pretty raw.

I would go w/ NLOTH. To me that album showcases everyone's skills and will come across live beautifully.

I'd say Vegas was a bad rehearsal. :wink: Since this is all entirely fictional I'd assume they'd rehearse for a couple weeks and be capable of playing all the songs properly. That'd be DYFL not falling flat, and most notably SATS electric and in time.

I'd say Vegas was a bad rehearsal. :wink: Since this is all entirely fictional I'd assume they'd rehearse for a couple weeks and be capable of playing all the songs properly. That'd be DYFL not falling flat, and most notably SATS electric and in time.

Indeed. I want SATS electric, in time, and with Edge's backup vocals.

The Panther said:
I gotta say War. The two chestnuts from the album that have survived into the 2000s are great, but what about cool tunes like 'Seconds' (lyrics a bit dated now), 'Two Hearts Beat As One', 'Drowning Man', and 'Surrender'? It would be as cool as sliced bread to see the 50-year-old U2 bang through the 10 tracks on War like the 22-year-olds did in 1983 when they were young guns. Could they still maintain the raw intensity of those tracks? Also, it'd be nice to hear a U2 gig end with '40' again.

Obvious troll is obvious

Nick66 said:
Um, I dunno. The same reason you're clamouring for Achtung Baby? Personal taste?

yeah... but my opinion's better, so... :shrug:

Insert favourite U2 album.

Well I think most people are justifying it further than it just being their favorite album.

Granted, TUF is also my favorite album... but it's the kind of music that I feel fits best live.

I've seen a lot of Achtung Baby solely for the purpose of Acrobat.

But quite honestly the topic strays away from stuff like AB or TJT, which generally would be the favorites. This hypothetical is an opportunity to hear stuff that isn't normally heard live.

Well I think most people are justifying it further than it just being their favorite album.

Granted, TUF is also my favorite album... but it's the kind of music that I feel fits best live.

I've seen a lot of Achtung Baby solely for the purpose of Acrobat.

But quite honestly the topic strays away from stuff like AB or TJT, which generally would be the favorites. This hypothetical is an opportunity to hear stuff that isn't normally heard live.

For the record Pop isn't my favourite album. But it's the one I find most interesting to hear in its entirety.

From AB we've heard most in a good properly rehearsed version. Only So Cruel and Acrobat remain elusive. The rest has been played, some songs more regularly than others, but they've been played, while Pop has been majorly ignored since the Popmart Tour. Yeah, I know Gone was played a few times on Elevation, so was SATS acoustic, WUDM acoustic and on Vertigo Discotheque was done. But really? That's all. While One and Mysterious Ways and The Fly get played nearly every night.

Back
Top Bottom