Which 2000s songs from 360 survive I+E cut?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Acoustic SBS paired with acoustic RBW sounds like the single worst thing that U2 could inflict upon humanity on this tour, other than playing Glastonbury.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I certainly wasn't supporting them doing that as I hate their acoustics for the most part. But it sadly wouldn't surprise me with the way this whole acoustic promo crap has gone. They've SBS acoustic many times and they already have done acoustics of please and RBW. So I'm throwing out the possibility.

I predict that Boots will stay on the setlist as the Digitech Synthwah pedal, which is used on that song, is still in Edge's new effect rack. Oddly enough the Korg A3, which is the only unit that can do the Mysterious Ways sound, is now absent from his rack, so who knows?

I fully expect SBS to be there as this has become the definitive U2 song, the one that defines U2 to most people. The band didn't seem to have liked it much in the 90's, like it was what Creep is to Radiohead, but nowadays it looks like they have made peace with the song and that their audience wants to hear it. Of the old warhorses I'm of the opinion that SBS, One. WOWY and Streets are the ones that the band now feels that they absofragginlutely have to play those every night. The fact that Pride got dropped from quite a number of 360 shows shows however that it is no longer on that list.

Vertigo and BD will obviously be in there as they are the recent additions to that must absofragginlutely have to play each night after night list. COBL and Elevation would do alright, Elevation in particular would electrify a crowd, but they're not necessary as they have other songs that can do that as well. I hope they stay though, otherwise the setlist would probably lean even more on their 80's and Achtung Baby classics as I'll doubt they will revisit Pop.

MOS? Magnificent? Not bloody likely. MOS was a good song, but so was Love is Blindness, and we don't get treated to that one again either. It was a closer to a specific tour and this tour will undoubtedly have another one with a completely different feel. Magnificent's ditching from the 360 tour doesn't bode well for it either. I hated the album version and I don't understand who so many people here were ecstatic about it, although the reworked 2011 version was quite good.

I don't expect anything from their first three albums other then IWF, OOC and NYD, as those have proven track records, plus they did the whole 'lets revisit those old albums for hidden gems' thing already. I do hope that they will revisit some of their hidden gems from Pop, otherwise I predict a tour that will lean heavy on 80's and AB classics, BD, Vertigo and a few new songs, a number of which will probably be axed for even more classics as few people are really wanting to hear them.

Electrical Storm stays!!!! I think even they realised it doesn't work in a huge stadium so they'll bring it back. Just imagine: waves projected all around the stage and arena with William Orbit's intro chiming away. It's still Bono's favourite song....apparently.

Vertigo and Beautiful Day will still be played every single show. I think they're also still hell bent on SOI, so not much NLOTH will be performed. Why play MOS when they could play the Troubles right? California replaces Magnificent etc.

For some reason I also have a feeling A Man and a Woman will also get its proper concert debut. Bring it :hyper:

agreed on Electrical Storm, definitely hoping for that one if the stadium setting was all that threw them off.

I predict that Boots will stay on the setlist as the Digitech Synthwah pedal, which is used on that song, is still in Edge's new effect rack. Oddly enough the Korg A3, which is the only unit that can do the Mysterious Ways sound, is now absent from his rack, so who knows?

Wait, you've already seen his rack for this tour?

Edge doesn't really need certain pedals for certain songs. Didn't you hear? They use BACKING TRACKS!

Edge is pretending to strum!!!!!

:love:

I fully expect SBS to be there as this has become the definitive U2 song, the one that defines U2 to most people. The band didn't seem to have liked it much in the 90's, like it was what Creep is to Radiohead, but nowadays it looks like they have made peace with the song and that their audience wants to hear it.

I don't expect anything from their first three albums other then IWF, OOC and NYD, as those have proven track records, plus they did the whole 'lets revisit those old albums for hidden gems' thing already.

ummmm... ;)

I disagree, though. I think if they're going with this whole innocence, back when we started Dublin thing, then it would make sense to break out a couple of tracks from the old albums.

When I talked about GOYB and BD I wasn't talking about replacing one with the other one, I just love GOYB live and BD has been a real snooze-fest since... well, since the Vertigo tour.

Still, if they can make the Invisible --> BD combo work, it'll be amazing and I can live with it.

They can make COBL go to the bench. California is this record's COBL. Hell, I hope they start with California: a big intro, lots of bells, the whole damn show.

California, The Miracle, EBW, Song for Someone, RBW, Cedarwood Road, The Troubles. Those are the ones I aim. Please NO Iris. And if they're going for it, Crystal Ballroom would be amazing.

So:

- California opening
- Invisible ---> BD
- The Troubles ---> Bullet The Blue Sky for an encore, or The Troubles closing the shows.
- The Crystal Ballroom for an encore.
- Hopefully they can finally make the WOWY ---> Streets combo they've always wanted.
- Please, no more Mysterious Ways or Elevation.

Are there rumors of an Invisible-BD combo?......I haven't heard anything about it, even though it would be great.
I'd like to see them open the show with Invisible-BD-Cali-Miracle.
I think it'd get the crowd into it and the songs would flow well together. All while showcasing the new songs early on.

OmW9IFt.jpg

Back
Top Bottom