"Where the Streets Have No Name" in trailer to movie "MacFarland, USA"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Absolutely disgusted that I'm being forced to listen to U2 during commercial breaks now, as well.

That song could be the backing track to a video of how to watch grass grow and I would still get chills.

Damn good tune.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

U2 hasn't written a good song since WAR!

This new song that they put in this dumb movie sounds too over produced, over polished and once again Bono's song writing ability is embarrassing! "where the streets have no name" what does that even mean, did he run out of ideas and couldn't think of a relevant name?????

More like "Where the Streets are still LAME!l

Awful song that will be forgotten in a week and should they play this live....can you say "bathroom break".

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Did you see that, Mikal? I stole your joke and got post of the year. How do you like dem apples?

That song could be the backing track to a video of how to watch grass grow and I would still get chills.

That's what I was thinking while watching that...you could call it emotionally manipulative in a way. But in truth, that speaks to its power of how it can be applied to so many different human struggles which is why it always catches me off guard and is the best song I likely will ever hear.

For the same reason, it really fucking irritated me when all that transcendence was ruined on the Vertigo Tour by clumsily forcing the song into a narrative about Africa...even if the song's creation stemmed from that sort of inspiration, you shouldn't force 18,000 people to subscribe to the same definition of the track. It loses a lot of emotional resonance when it's given a stiff meaning, especially when a lot of people are looking forward to and are expecting to see it live without that sort of encumbrance.

If there is any song that I have to listen to while I die, I would pick Streets in a heartbeat.

I'd pick something a lot longer.

Unless said death were going to be painful. I'd pick a short GBV track instead.

I'd pick the world's shortest song, "You Suffer" by Napalm Death. It's 1.6 seconds long and has lyrics to fit the experience: "You suffer, but why?"

Back
Top Bottom