Where do you rank GOYB among U2's Grammy performances ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
So far they did BD, Walk on, Sometimes, Vertigo/One and now Boots.

1. Boots (energetic, nice visuals and Bono totally into the song)

2. Walk on (especially the ending with the choir)

3. Sometimes (solid, but nothing great)

4. BD (for the poor Bono vocals, not bad otherwise)
5. Vertigo/One (wish they'd stick it out with Vertigo alone)

1. Walk On (Majestic)
2. Beautiful Day/Get On Your Boots (really having a hard time deciding at the moment)
3. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own (Solid, as you say!)

50000243820342890323. Vertigo/One (I don't remember anymore why I disliked that performance so much...did they cut off Vertigo by any chance? There was something that really ticked me off. That was a performance to forget, especially after the 'One' butchering with MJB)

1. Walk On (awesome)
2. Boots (very raw, very sloppy, very passionate)
3. Beautiful Day (middle of the road, but it's still BD, and still rocked)
4. SYCMIOYO (definitely not one of Bono's better vocal performances, but it was decent)
5. Vertigo/One (poor all around)

Walk On was amazing, but the drumming on Boots alone gives it a huge boost. Bono's "NOT RIGHT NOW" screams, too. They really showed the controlled power of his voice nowadays.

i wish the whole song was "meet me in the sound".
give me two minutes of that, more or less and i'd be a happy camper.

I thought Larry's drumming during the "you don't know how beautiful you are" bits kind of killed the momentum of the song. The "let me in the sound" beat at the beginning was a nice touch though. Bono sounded good. The audio mix sucked.

1. Walk On
2. Beautiful Day
3. Boots
4. Sometimes
5. Vertigo/One

Boots
SYCMIOYO
Vertigo//One
Walk On
BD

I thought Boots was fantastic and I like the way they started with the beat from the bridge.

Same here! I was happy to see that U2 went on first. So, I didn't have to watch the entire show. Though, I did see Radiohead's performance. While, I was flipping back and forth with the stations.

1. Walk On (Bono was in great voice and the choir was hot!)
2. Boots (some technical problems, but an outstanding performance that rocked)
3. Vertigo (I'm separating this from "One" and really thought this was solid).
4. Beautiful Day (Bono tried a bit too hard by walking in amongst the non-responsive audience, but good performance).
5. Sometimes... (very boring performance of a rather boring song)
6. One (like on the album, Mary J. over-sings and over-divas a song that was meant to be subtle and inspiring)

6. One (like on the album, Mary J. over-sings and over-divas a song that was meant to be subtle and inspiring)

ditto

Walk On would be first for me...after that it's all a blur...Boots was good though, but was riuned by the sound engineer at CBS...he did it on other songs too throughout the night so it wasn't just U2 who suffered.

Boots - Loved it, thought they did a fantastic job (despite dodgy sound mix) and loved the begining (got little 'zootv' deja vu's at the beginning there) :up:

Walk On - remembering thinking a choir would make it a huge cheesefest but was happily proved wrong - thought it was gorgeous

Vertigo - I bloody love this song (which apparently is an unpopular thing to say out loud here in some quarters, but I care not :tongue: :D ) and thought they were great - just wished they'd left 'One' out of it (by the way, agree with comment by doctorwho re One)

Beautiful Day - thought it was a respectable performance just not as good as those above (in hindsight of course, I remember watching it on the night and being so damn excited it was almost embarrassing :lol:)

Sometimes - I love this song but didn't feel it was the right kind of song to play at the grammy's :shrug:

:wave:

Yes that intro was very ZOO Tv- in fact so was Bono's "persona" throughout the song- lots of Fly-like theatricality and energy. I was really impressed.

Yes it was a very energetic performance too bad the sound mix was terrible but that was not U2s fault.

1. Boots
2. Beautiful Day
3. Walk On
4. Sometimes You Cant Make It On Your Own
5. One/Vertigo

1. Walk On (awesome)
4. SYCMIOYO (definitely not one of Bono's better vocal performances, but it was decent)

ill go with this one :up:

I think it was a mistake to let Bono start behind the band - he didn't really rapport with the audience until halfway the performance. BD much better!

Walk On
BD
Boots

One
Can't remember the rest very well.

Walk On followed by Boots. I loved Boots, it was awesome but in my opinion that night they played Walk On was the best live performance of that song I have ever seen, It was brilliant. Beautiful Day third, Sometimes then Vertigo/One. Mary J Blige killed any chance of that being any good with her way over the top performance.

1. Walk On (awesome)

same for me

Back
Top Bottom