When will U2 stop making music?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah, how i'd like to be imagining all the members of U2 in a nursing home. Bono would probably be trying to jump around like a mental patient and keep on getting restrained by the nurses.

Larry's rehearsing for the nursing home with the cane in his hand on the NLOTH cover photo...still fighting off those pesky female fans :wink:

I think some people need to get a grip. Even if they do split up is that the end of the world? Bono and the Edge may go solo. Adam may get into films whilst Larry wants to return to a normal live with his family. If Larry was to quit it's not as if one of them died and presuming the split was amicable they could get back together. You only have to look at all the band reunions. And even even if they did have a massive fall out they still could get together. Spandau Ballet members sued each other in the 90's and the singer Tony Hedley said that he'll never record another record with them. Guess what they got back together this year! Anything is possible as long as non of them dies suddenly like Michael Jackson. Think of how his fans are feeling right now because they won't be able to hear another album of his or see another concert. I'd bet you they wish that the only things they had to worry about right now are setlists and wearing a mask of a political prisoner during one song.

I give them 2 more albums. Edge/Adam/Larry may get some production credits here and there. Maybe a Bono solo since hes on Frank Sinatras cock.

Obviously, age is already affecting them as they're on the middle-age cycle now -- one album and major tour every 5 years; whereas, in the early 80s it was more like one album and tour every 16 months.

I suppose they'll just continue like this, slowing down, until old age finally stops them. Like others said, I just cannot imagine the 4 of them being healthy and able and just quitting music -- seems out of character. Having said that, I'm not sure I want to see them old and wrinkly and playing "I will Follow" as Bono limps across the stage and Adam hits the strings from his wheelchair. I would guess they'll keep up the stadium-thing for another five years or so, and then they might start to scale down the operation (either by choice or by necessity, if they lose popularity as may already be happening a bit). But in any case, i don't seem them quitting music altogether, ever.

Back
Top Bottom