when did the ZooTv phone calls start?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
I was under the assumption that all the ZooTv phone calls were done by MacPhisto. But listening to the Stellafield concert today, I heard Mirrorball Man trying to phone John Major. Got me thinking when exactly in the Tour did the phone calls start happening?

They started as early as the first leg. On March 27, in Detroit, Bono ordered 10,000 pizzas and got 100.

^ That Detroit show was interesting. The pizzas, and Bono tossed out an over zealous security guard as well.

The mirrorball man would often call President George HW Bush.

The Whitehouse came to expect it every night, and if I am not mistaken, Bush even jokingly mentioned receiving nightly calls from Bono in a press conference.

It began in 1992 -- Bono was over thirty-years-old for the first time at a gig, and it was not only hard to get through a show without a bathroom break, but hard to make it to the end without eating. Solution? Order some take-out while on stage. The audience perceives it as a satirical post-modern instance of consumer disposability, but in fact it satiated Bono's hunger pangs in the second half of the set.

Back
Top Bottom