When Bono forgets partial words to a song live...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Having been in bands myself, it's easier for the drummer to lose his places in the song than any other members. Also, drummers usually have little to no involvement in the lyric writing, making them not as familiar with the song. The drummer in our band never did learn all the names to all our songs, and certainly not the lyrics. I imagine they all have teleprompters somewhere. Except maybe Edge, who is flawless. (minus frequently messing up the UTEOTW solo)
It might say something about the drummer(s) you've worked with.

I screenshotted this picture of Larry and made a meme. I think it accurately captures how he feels about this

35lwwg.jpg

The video where this screenshot is from is awesome. He was PISSED! :wink:

I betcha if Bono were to sing Lady With the Spinning Head in concert, it would go a little something like this:

La La La La La, La La La La La, La La La La La La....

Didn't our drummer Larry himself say something to the effect of " I don't give a fuck about the lyrics, it's all about the drums"? I don't know which era, and a Larryologist should back that up :)

Purely in terms of pun-ability, "I Threw a Brick Through a Window" has got to be U2's greatest-ever song.

When Bono forgets the lyrics: "I Threw the Lyrics out the Window"
Anything about Larry: "I Threw a Drumstick Through a Window"
Anything about guitars/Edge: "I Threw a Pick Through a Window"
After Bono heard the Jagger solo-album he collaborated on: "I Threw Mick out the Window"
After Bono's disc injury last year: "I Threw my Back Out Near a Window"

And there may be more!!!

I Want To Throw This Joke Out The Window

(but the sarcastic ass in me really doesn't)

Mrs. Garrison said:
the teleprompter comes in hand when he's trying to remember the next verse in his head, and he's probably thinking to himself "did i really write the lyrics freedom has the scent like the top of a newborn baby's head" and when he sees it on the screen, its confirmed.

As much as I love that song......that one line kills me! It's funny you clearly feel the same way, I mean WTF....he couldnt just turn to Edge and ask for help on that one line.

ryancoke71 said:
The video where this screenshot is from is awesome. He was PISSED! :wink:

I was at that show in NY and the guy he was pointing at got LEVELED by security and rightfully so I might add.

Cactus Annie said:
Funny. When I came back into this thread I thought it was a lot older than it was. January is a long month

This semester is gonna be filled with long months, Annie.

Back
Top Bottom