What's your favorite U2 Tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's a three way tie between ZOO TV, PopMart and Elevation for me, just can't separate the damn tours.

I loved ZOO TV because it was incredibly innovative and groundbreaking for its time, just amazingly creative with all the television screens. But one must not forget those 3 brilliant personas Bono himself created, MirrorBall Man, Macphisto and The Fly, only someone like Bono could do that.

PopMart was just bloody goddamn gobsmackingly awesome because it was just that wild, once again a massive stage and innovative for its time. Once again who would've thought of having to emerge out of a spaceship lemon, a spaceship LEMON! Sure it was flawed but nonetheless creative.

Last but not least my 3rd favourite is the Elevation tour, sure, it wasn't as extravagant and massive as the two tours staged prior. But it really connected with the fans thanks to the stripped down stage, and the performances on the Boston and Slane DVDs were all brilliant to say the least.

Hopefully U2360 can work its way into my absolute favourites. :up:

Larry described it best... they felt like human jukeboxes.

I ain't ever trusted a word from that man, but that takes the cake. How were they not 'jukeboxes' in any other tour? Not to play the usual card, but at least Lovetown had more variety than subsequent tours.

Fuckin' crazy ass bastard.

I ain't ever trusted a word from that man, but that takes the cake. How were they not 'jukeboxes' in any other tour? Not to play the usual card, but at least Lovetown had more variety than subsequent tours.

Fuckin' crazy ass bastard.

I too have always found those comments about Lovetown very odd. That tour had the most varied setlists by miles. Obviously his comments have nothing to do with setlists.

Perhaps he is referring more to how Lovetown, unlike any other tour, was highly derivative of the tour before it. Maybe he felt they should be moving on in style rather than playing and sounding like an extension of the JT tour.

Combine that with the fact that in Australia at least they were doing stints of up to 10 shows per city.

Maybe these 2 factors together resulted in Larry saying those things?

I would have to say The Joshua Tree tour. Its a masterpeice album, with their best ever collection of songs to tour and the hype surrounding the u2ers was at its peak, unlike anything else I have witnessed before or since! A real moment of musical catharsis

ZOO TV defines what I think about U2. They went beyond music into a realm of artistic vision and sensory overload never ventured into before.

As a tour itself, I really think that the 360 tour has some great potential, especially because of the fantastic stage set up

Zoo TV, cos it made me the U2 fan I am today

True dat!

Zoo TV. The spectacle that it was made me a believer in everything the boys do. The characters alone that Bono created was unbelievable. MJ may have changed his face......Bono had a slew of characters.....

Zoo Tv though I never saw it live...but I have watched the videos and seen U2 Zoo Tv live From Sydney soo many times ...ect...that I love that tour and I wish I had liked U2 just a few years earlier so I could have gone to the concerts:doh:..ahh well.

My favorite for now would be between Elevation and Vertigo...it's a tie :)

I too have always found those comments about Lovetown very odd. That tour had the most varied setlists by miles. Obviously his comments have nothing to do with setlists.

No, he was referring to the Lovetown setlists, because of their, ah, variation.

Back
Top Bottom