Whats the special announcement tomorrow?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is probably only for US members, since we don't have Thanksgiving..
I live in Europe and I haven't seen any mail yet (renewed membership a few weeks back)

yeah, very weird they would call it a "thanksgiving" thing, as it doesn't apply to most parts of the world....

I'm angry at U2/mgmt right now. Even though I'm 99% certain that this is going to be the biggest letdown in U2 history, there is still that 1% chance that it is something pertaining to a new album/single/EP. And that stupid 1% will be stuck in my head all day as I travel all over western Ohio for various Thanksgiving related activities. Then I'll come home, check, and it'll be the Pride remix, which is basically just OONTS OONTS OONTS!, and contains new Bono vocals, which do nothing except make me slightly sad because 52 year old Bono doesn't sound nearly as good as 24 year old Bono, such is the way of things.

We just got two really good subscriber gifts in a row, but I guess now (or it will be) it's all back to I'M SO PISSED OFF and THEY'RE SO OUT OF TOUCH WITH WHAT WE WANT!

Come on, now. Settle.

and contains new Bono vocals, which do nothing except make me slightly sad because 52 year old Bono doesn't sound nearly as good as 24 year old Bono, such is the way of things.

i think 52-year-old Bono sounds lovely actually...

digitize said:
Of course, if I re-subscribe, they'll play the Pride remix, and if I don't, it will be a live concert playing the entire new album and then the Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein setlist.

What have you done to us, digitize??? You re-subscribed, and now we'll be hearing the Pride remix for sure! :panic:

Yeah the remix is decent. Still gonna send this place off though when everyone waits around to hear this on the "broadcast".

Here's the Tiesto remix of Pride, so I hope this is not the "surprise".

U2News: DANCE (RED), SAVE LIVES: U2 vs Tiësto-Pride (In the Name Of Love)

Huh, i did not see that coming. I can still see this being the 'thanksgiving surprise', even if it's no longer a u2.com exclusive. In fact i can definitely see u2.com promising an exclusive reveal... of something that's already been released :D

But if not that, maybe it's Edge's picks in its entirety, streamed online? It wouldn't be just one or two tracks, because they've done that before (they released tracks early for subscribers for both u22 and this), and wouldn't be making such a fuss about it.

So yeah, i think it might be streaming the Edge's picks live album, and i think there's still a very good chance it'll be the tiesto remix.

Among the many reasons i'll never believe it's new material, is that as others have pointed out, there's no way u2 would reveal a new single or whatever to just their website subscribers - they'd do it on youtube or something, and make it as massive as possible. The announcement of some 'special thanksgiving surprise audio' would have been given yesterday to the press, not via email to u2.com subscribers!

Well, all they are saying is "be the first to hear". It would be a nice gesture and not some utopian thought that they could get the idea to turn new album plans into a little event for people who are paying subscribers. Of course they are not going to keep it that way for long. They can make a more public announcement tomorrow or 5 minutes after the fanclub one and paying fans will still feel that they heard it first and feel they had a fun time.

Passengers.jpg

Eno's the waiter.

Larry still looks mad about the Passengers album!

Here's what I see in my crystal ball... Based on the fact that they put out a sheet with times in all parts of the world, adding in "times are approximate, be online 90 minutes earlier"... I have a strong feeling it's going to be a live broadcast with the band in a room/ garage playing a handful of songs acoustically. It's not going to be new stuff because they'd want the world to hear it, however it could be 4-8 older songs, Stay, AOH, Desire, maybe a SATS, and a surprise like A Man and a Woman. Similar to the thing they did on Yahoo with the Clintons last year. A new song may also be debuted acoustically to get people talking.

Back
Top Bottom