What's the Best LIVE moment of Mysterious WAYS!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bizkitgto

Acrobat
What blows my mind about this song live, is the fact it starts so simply, and escalates into this almighty epic shimmering soundscape, yet it still retains its simplicity.

My favorite version of MS LIVE is during POPmart - Mexico City, Bono slows down the crowd around the 4:20 mark, then Edge explodes......this has to be one of the most amazing U2 LIVE experiences ever captured on tape. Just wow....:lol:

YouTube - U2 - Mysterious Ways (Live in Mexico City)......the Santiago show is a close second.

What's your fav?

Every ZooTV show is amazing, especially the '93 shows. Beyond that, PopMart performances are generally awesome, and Vertigo performances pretty good, too.

10 November 1997, Tampa. Bono snippets It's Raining Men.

Forget all the other performances!

Washington Zoo TV is as good as Zoo TV Sydney - It's on Youtube.

Popmart peformances are generally good apart from where the synth gets in the way of the guitar on the outro, or when they muck up the timing so the chords don't fit (Tel Aviv) - Mexico was great though - nice segue into One. Popmart - Nuremberg has some nice guitar playing after the solo, (Edge uses the higher octave more) and a different ending. PopMart Barcelona has a good rendition of My Sweet Lord.

Elevation tour had a different intro, but an extended outro - to allow Bono to do what he needed to do on stage. All decent quality, Elevation at Charlotte was brilliant , had a slightly different slide guitar solo - worth listening too

Intro changed again for Vertigo Tour, straight into the chords. Still not as long as Zoo TV which had the best intro IMO. Outro similar to Elevation tour.

All time favourite is Zoo TV Houston - almost certainly the benchmark. Dortmund is pretty good as well, it has a slight extension at the end of the second chorus into the break, with good screaming from Bono.

I'm rambling now.

Sao Paulo 1998. The keyboards are louder and it adds to a samba-like sound. Stunning version. And as much as it is obvious, Dublin 1993 is probably the ultimate version. Bono's falsetto rules.

Sao Paulo 1998. The keyboards are louder and it adds to a samba-like sound. Stunning version. And as much as it is obvious, Dublin 1993 is probably the ultimate version. Bono's falsetto rules.

If you like falsetto scream you got to listen to 1992-06-15 - Rotterdam :)

MW from the indoor legs of Zoo TV was cool. That was when Zoo TV was in its early days. During MW Bono would call out all sorts of crazy random things whilst singing it. You could tell they were on such a high during those indoor Zoo TV shows. Then when it turned into a stadium show things got more static. Musically some of the songs probably improved. But the madness of those indoor shows had gone. So my pick is MW from those indoor shows.

I really can't choose between the ZOO TV DVD and the Popmart DVD version, both are incredible in their own ways. And the guitar solo sounds almost godly, I could ask for no more, it's like bubblegum sticking in your head, the sort of sound you'd want to replay over and over again.

ZOO versions by a mile
his voice was INCREDIBLE there and they have never been able to top that.
man, how he hits that falsetto: I'll buy you things, I'll show you places you've never seen, COME ON LOVE....
:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

the irving plaza version is very well liked here. that intro was so cool. my all time favorite version isn't even complete as far as i know. it's the version that closes out the documentary portion of the "achtung baby and a whole lot of interference" video. i just love the mix on that version. it's probably the cleanest mix of the ZOO tv version. i sure wish i could get the entire thing.

Best live version of Mysterious Ways...April 20, 2001 - San Jose - Compaq Center/HP Pavilion (whatever it was called back then)...probably the best U2 show I've ever seen...:yes:

The song was incredible...the energy was high and then Bono had a girl come up on stage and dance during The Edge's solo...and it was an inspired, sexy dance that went on during an extended solo...amazing. The crowd went crazy and Bono just stood back and watched her move...and asked something to the effect "do all the girls dance like this in the Bay Area'...amazing moment...:up:

This one from São Paulo, 1998, is just a lot of fun and I love the way they start it with the drums and the piano. Bono in particular seems to be having fun with the song.
YouTube - Mysterious Ways (live from Popmart Sao Paulo)

This is one I always go back to.
YouTube - U2 - Mysterious ways - Washington DC 1992-08-16

There's a lot of great live performances of this one, I still think MW gets the crowd going more than any other U2 song, but I can't believe I forgot about the Sydney ZooTV version, this was my favorite one for a long time. The Sau Paulo one is really good too, the Edge solo in this song still gives me goosebumps!

YouTube - U2 - mysterious ways (ZooTV)

MW during popmart was ruined by Bono's lyrics after the solo.
Zootv was brialliant, but probably 10 occasions during Elevation tour MW was the pinnacle of anything U2 had ever done, with Slane being the best recording of it!
Vertigo MW kinda sucked at times, maybe there were a few good performances but the ones I saw/heard were'nt as good as elevation.

... but probably 10 occasions during Elevation tour MW was the pinnacle of anything U2 had ever done, with Slane being the best recording of it!

Hm... I think you might be falling into the trap of "just because it's a soundboard / proshot recording doesn't make it great". Of course it's your opinion, but I don't see how Slane MW is anything special. MW soars during Zoo TV through Bono's use of his falsetto.

Back
Top Bottom