What's Next? U2's Future?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
iota said:
I'm just saying...U2 albums always tank when Bono has short hair. That is an established precident and for Bono to tempt the fates by keeping his hair short over a two-album timeframe.... could be cataclysmic. Dogs-and-cats-living together kind of cataclysmic.

And how does he look like "a knob" with long hair? Asthetically someone with shorter hair has more of a chance of looking like a knob. That's just basic geometry.

.....a fine rebuttal, good sir

1. Over the next four months, Boner will allude to an album in 2012.
2. Not understanding Boner, Interference doesn't get the hint - and goes crazy.
3. They will take most the rest of 2011 off, which precludes an album in 2012.
4. Interference still doesn't get the hint - optimism is unbridled and silly.
5. Early 2012, talk of "album in the fall" will begin again, probably from Boner again.
6. You know what goes here...
7. By August/September 2012, a "delay" will push the album into 2013.
8. The belly-aching about U2 begins, when all they are doing is what they always do
9. Optimism for Spring 2013 comes mostly from people not getting the hint.
10. Then someone like Paul says its possible.
11. Not understanding that (ironically) neither Boner nor Paul actually know...
12. Interference Version 4.0/Irrational Pre-Album Hysteria is done when...
13. By summer 2013, the album is finished and slated for Fall 2013.

Are you psychic?? Because yeah, that's pretty much how it will play out.

Well, if we're talking about nearby future...let's see if we can get a glimpse from my magic crystal ball...

174.jpg

FP_7537394_TheEdge_BRJ_063011-290x400.jpg

John-McEnroe-Larry-Mullen.jpg

adam0014gv4.jpg

Yup, that's what it says. Never thought Adam would be able to grow that thing out again, but look at that!

:wink:

Why the hell is Larry drinking a Bud Light? Come on Larry, you should be drinking Beamish, Murphy's or Guinness! Your the most Irish person in the band!

Rumour has it that the ROI is considering taking away Larry's passport after that photo hit the press. Thousands of Irish citizens are said to be burning photos of him and throwing them into bonfires on the street (Headline: 'The Forgettable Fires').

I therefore predict that Larry will make the following speech before a song on the next tour: "There's been a lot of talk about the beer I drink... maybe too much talk. This song is not a product-endorsement song... This song is, "Sunday Bud Light Sunday".

I'm sorry but that picture of Bono is probably the most hilarious I've ever seen.

The look on his face - "Am I getting away with it??"

Rest in 2011.

Reinvention with Danger Mouse, album in late 2012.

Arena tour in 2013.

5. Early 2012, talk of "album in the fall" will begin again, probably from Boner again.
8. The belly-aching about U2 begins, when all they are doing is what they always do

huzah!

and this

I'm just saying...U2 albums always tank when Bono has short hair. That is an established precident and for Bono to tempt the fates by keeping his hair short over a two-album timeframe.... could be cataclysmic. Dogs-and-cats-living together kind of cataclysmic.

And how does he look like "a knob" with long hair? Asthetically someone with shorter hair has more of a chance of looking like a knob. That's just basic geometry.

You know we're starting into a "boring" U2 phase between albums and tours when people are beginning to discuss Bono's hair (again). Next: Bono is too fat.

Jokes aside, NEVER do I want to see Bono with long hair again. It's perfect right now.

Honestly, I'm just glad No Line exists. I think I'll be listening to it a lot, happily, until the next album. NLOTH is an excellent album, in my opinion. It'll be great to tide me over.

We have a winner. :laugh:

I think the "plan" based on what the band have said and their crew have indicated is an album in the fall of 2012 with a tour in 2013.

What will most likely happen though (based on U2's history) is it will be pushed back and the album will happen in fall 2013 and the tour in 2014 as others have summed up in this thread.

They've long had Best Of's in between albums too, natural way to keep interest up as the time between albums has grown, make some money and float some sub-par songs out there. They've worn their Best Of-ing into the ground, but I guess it's a fair bet that they'll drop something in about 12 months or so, whether it's a song attached to another project (film or something) or some sort of other cash grab compilation?

Honestly, I'm just glad No Line exists. I think I'll be listening to it a lot, happily, until the next album. NLOTH is an excellent album, in my opinion. It'll be great to tide me over.

yeah, especially with a reworked tracklist omitting Cwazy Tonight and SUC and then adding Winter and Soon.

We have the AB and Zooropa remasters this fall to look forward to, and then a 2012 filled with new album rumors and speculation! Yay… :scream:

What I hope happens is that there really will be an album in Fall 2012 and a tour in 2013. I'm guessing that the next tour could be a lot like the Elevation Tour in terms of length and that it will probably be in arenas in the US.

I'm also optimistic about a 2012 new album mostly because B&E won't be wasting spending time on a Broadway musical anymore and because they already have so many songs in progress, so reason dictates that it shouldn't take too much longer to get it together and finish something.

But we all know that reason doesn't always apply. :wink:

In U2's near future:

Edge announces he will build five new mansions in Compton.

Adam will release his new line of sunless self-tanning lotion.

Larry stars in his own exercise/workout series.

Bono sings a duet with Ian McCulloch.

To the poster who eluded that leg Australian/nz part of the tour was a waste of time I shall let u know that,tickets were announced not long b4 thay got here. & we had a lot of other big acts come out at the same time that had all ready taken peoples money & it was just b4 Christmas, the shows were sell outs & the majority of them were week day gigs. So the want for tickets is still here & when the vertigo tour came thay haddent been here in about 8years,hence the bigger demand.so thay better not think of leaving us off another tour.
So I spouse thay should only tour the USA cause there there the only people who buy tickets or have big enough arenas,sorryif my comment offends but that is how I saw the original post. :)

Back
Top Bottom