What's next for Interference?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So... there seems to be at least some support for consolidation... should we, like, PM dieman or something? Are PMs even a thing anymore?

I have this sneaking suspicion that nobody owns Interference and that it only remains online, the same way Milton in Office Space remained employed, due to some glitch in records.

And god, what a travesty. :rolleyes:

Take this lameass attempt at guilt tripping people who actually have morals and go and do something someone actually cares about.

wow - you are right - it is 100% true that I have no morals.

I don't know how you knew that but it's amazing.

and, thanks for helping to make my point.

But I really am blown away that PLEBA has essentially died. That used to be the biggest hive of activity. I can't say I'm complaining, the thirstiest PLEBAns were a bit much, but it's definitely a big change.

Speaking for myself, I do miss the activity in that section of the forums. I haven't been in the main PLEBA section in years, but I remember some fun times there.

I think the section of that forum I miss the most, though, is the PLEBAns subforum, where we'd chat about any and everything under the sun, U2-related or not. That section was pretty active even just five, six years ago, and we had lots of fun conversations there.

But yeah, between PLEBA essentially dying away and my not really being able to join in on much of the U2 conversation around here (a lot of it has been surrounding their tours, and I've yet to see them live, so...), that's been a factor in limiting the areas of the forums where I hang out nowadays, too.

(I should work on spending more time in the sections that focus on discussion of U2's albums and songs, though. I used to hang out there quite a bit back in the day, I don't know why that changed, really.)

We definitely need a bagel subforum.

Also a pie subforum, a croissant subforum, a danish subforum, etc. Bono will legit register to post too.

Love the "sorry PLEBA" picture that djerdap still has as his avatar.

I still have that bono burger alleged photoshop burned into my brain.

What Part Of Larry Mullen Are You Smelling Volume III

Probably the PLEBA forum never recovered from the... what, promotion upstairs, offshore execution... of the 'P' in the team. I know P featured large in all that hot and heavy fandom action.

Searching for the Paul McGuinness pleba thread led me to the following conclusions..

1) people were complaining that this place was "uninviting and toxic" going back as far as I can search. It didn't stop the membership numbers then, and it's not the reason why people don't post here now. If anything there seems to have been more bickering and infighting back then than there is now.

2) whew... fan fiction man. frightening

3) Paul McGuinness is a sexy bitch

4) if this place truly does go down, they need to announce it well in advance to give some old friends a chance to come back, if only for a couple of weeks

How about someone threatening to call another poster's chvrch?

If the forum goes down someone needs to start an email list where everyone can still communicate. We could call it something like the Wire or something. I just came up with this idea.

Remember the attempted Paul McGuinness appreciation thread in PLEBA? good times

I always assumed it just redirected you to the “Peelin’ Off Those Dollar Bills” subforum.

If the forum goes down someone needs to start an email list where everyone can still communicate. We could call it something like the Wire or something. I just came up with this idea.

You might be on to something there. :hmm:

Just make sure to carry over the Jick ban from Interference.

:lol:

I recently read back through my old threads from 2001-02. Ugh... I used to start threads to complain about my love life (or lack thereof in some cases). My late teens were an awkward transitional phase. I can’t believe what a little bitch I was, and that I would actually start threads about it.

One such hit was “why do girls only like assholes??” That’s not true, I just had no charisma, and was a whiny little fucker.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom