Whats Better Rose Bowl or Vertigo Chicago

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think Chicago on the Vertigo tour is far superior to The Rose Bowl, 360,

The Stage is better, I really don't like the claw! Its so underwhelming, good structure but beyond that, well other than the expanding screen for 1 or 2 songs, its very boring and stagnent,

How can you not love this. :drool:

2vuenbm.jpg

The thing with the Rose Bowl DVD is, with a few tweaks it could be a 100 times better.

Them tweaks being sound quality,how dark it was and the weak opening. The overall performance was very energetic, and far more alive compared to Chicago. But not hearing the crowd throughout the entire show was just ludicrous, and on 80% of the shots, the background was pitch black, but that was understandable as on the original clips, the background was dull and filled with smoke.

The sound quality though, terrible. Compare it to Slane, which is probably the best sound quality you could listen to for a DVD in the living room, and the rose bowl is just no where near. Come on, technology has improved so much since 2001, yet the Boston and Slane DVD's wipe Rose Bowl out of the water.

The biggest problem was, it was filmed over one night, unlike most of U2's DVD's which have been filmed over 2 nights, that's what everyone is forgetting here. How can you compare a performance mixed together from 2 shows against a performance from 1 show. Even taking that away though, Rose Bowl is an overall much solid and better performance than Chicago. Also, with the Rose Bowl DVD, it felt like an intimate U2 dvd, how a u2 DVD should be. Just such a shame the sound and picture quality let it down, for parts of the show you feel disconnected, and the opening is very weak.

But Rose Bowl is better, due to the stage, energy, choreography and Bono's voice.

I like the Rose Bowl DVD better. I thought it was also a much better show to be at than Chicago (either May 9th or 10th, which were basically carbon copy shows).

The 360 gigs had alot of people standing still, arms folded almost bored, It was shocking!

Saw a couple shows like that on the Vertigo Tour (at least 2 in Chicago).

I liked Vertigo and saw a couple of top notch performances from the band (Chicago 4 and Boston 2), but I was left with the impression that the tour struggled to find itself. In all fairness, I only saw the indoor version 6 shows on the first leg and 1 show on the third leg.

I think Chicago on the Vertigo tour is far superior to The Rose Bowl, 360,

Bono's voice is better on the Chicago DVD!

The Set List is much better IMO, I am a bigger fan of Bomb than NLOTH, I think undeniably the songs on Bomb worked alot better live, and in alot of cases improved from the album versions, I think the 360 set needs more upbeat songs like I Will Follow and a few POP (album) tunes, as constantly said the stage begs for it!

The Stage is better, I really don't like the claw! Its so underwhelming, good structure but beyond that, well other than the expanding screen for 1 or 2 songs, its very boring and stagnent,

The band seem to have more energy in Chicago, Rose Bowl looks so rehearsed and choreographed, as said earlier and to eyes aswell the Rose Bowl gig looks like the Band going through the motions,

Bono is PAINFULLY annoying inbetween songs on the the Rose Bowl, what time is it in the world? what!!? all this heavey breathing and moaning! wha! why does he do this?, anybody have any idea?,

I think the 360 tour is one of the worst that U2 have ever done, the DVD and Gigs I seen really dissapointed me, I was very confused after for a good while, but I met other hardcore U2 fans that I know and they all said the same, it was terrible and they felt like leaving!!! Shocking I know, but overall devastating! The Vertigo gigs I seen were absolutely incredible, perhaps the best I've ever seen!!! The whole stadium was rocking! the band were so good, and Bono was IMO alot better in his performance and his vocal abilities, The set list was also very impressive, U2 been the Rock band they are, blasting it out and whipping the crowd into a frenzy, The 360 gigs had alot of people standing still, arms folded almost bored, It was shocking! I can only hope the next time I see U2 my faith is restored in them!

WOW at your last sentance, this tour imo has recieved more positive reviews than the vertigo tour, and IMO this tour pisses all over the vertigo show i seen, and i am sorry, i hardly doubt anyone would "consider leaving" considering they spent good money on a show, am sorry but each "hardcore fan" i spoke to at the Cardiff show where pretty much blown away by the spectacle of the tour.

As for the vertigo tour stage being better, lets be honest the stadium show was just a standard stage with a huge back screen, and the indoor show was very similar to the elevation tour, but with a few more lights, and i did actually enjoy the vertigo shows!

did no one else find the Rose Bowl DVD pretty emotionally vapid? it kinda felt like U2 was just running through the motions on this show. and the video kind of has this dark tint to it, at least for me. The rose bowl is my least favorite of the DVDs. Am I the only one who feels this way?

Rose Bowl DVD by a mile.

The Chicago DVD just seems less exciting. And some of the performances are pretty lackluster. For example Bono's voice on The Fly sounds very mediocre IMO.

Rose Bowl on the other hand was a lot more adventurous despite the inclusion of 4 ATYCLB songs.

Plus Rose Bowl has Ultraviolet and the Unforgettable Fire. That alone makes it better. :drool:

LOL why complain about the crowd? I saw no problem.

people just standing with arms folded?

not everyone wants to or can jump up and down, nor want to wave their hands about, etc. or maybe become tired halfway throu so stop.

LOL.

good crowd as far as Im concerned. :up:

the rose bowl looks and sounds better but its just hard for me to swallow the fact that there were so many better preformances of the unfrogetable fire and untraviolet, moment of surender on the 360 tour due to bonos voice

Rose Bowl. Bono's preaching on the Vertigo Chicago DVD and the way they ruined "Streets" makes me cringe every time. And it's true that the camera cuts around too fast and too much.

The Stage is better, I really don't like the claw! Its so underwhelming, good structure but beyond that, well other than the expanding screen for 1 or 2 songs, its very boring and stagnent
Bono is PAINFULLY annoying inbetween songs on the the Rose Bowl, what time is it in the world? what!!? all this heavey breathing and moaning! wha! why does he do this?, anybody have any idea?,

The Claw is "underwhelming"?! Not easily impressed, huh?

I know that at least some of Bono's heavy breathing was supposed to be an imitation of something from a movie; he was talking about movie stars at the time.

Back
Top Bottom