What would your U2 funeral song be?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hatrickpatrick

The Fly
If you had to pick a U2 song as your funeral song, what would it be?

I'd like something upbeat for mine, so Beautiful Day or maybe Breathe. I want my funeral to be a happy occasion since I'm fairly confident I have a shot at the happier place once I go :)

The thoiught of everyone I know depressed and weeping is worse than the thought of actually dying for me, so a happy one for sure.

What about you guys?

If I had a nickel for every time a thread like this has been made, I could pay U2 to play at it.

But then Bono would hit like a hundred high Cs and that would put a damper on things. Now, if this were the '80s, Bono could scream me back to life. It's a win-win, and further proof that '00s Bono is inferior.

I don't know about a song, but I want to be buried in an Edge beanie, Bono shades, and one of those little gas masks that Adam wore during PopMart.

I have Somewhere Over The Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole (yes of course I had to copy and paste that) on my iPod and that's what I would want at my funeral -that and his version of What A Wonderful World. For me those would just be perfect. Those and a few religious songs, so I don't see any real need for any U2 songs. Maybe Bruce-Thunder Road.

I dunno, I'll be dead... the people can play whatever they want :drunk:

Of U2's songs, though, "One Tree Hill" seems the most appropriate, I suppose...

Advanced search 'funeral' titles only, EYKIW. Tons of threads come up.

eta: Well they're all pretty old but still good for reference.

I wouldn't have one. I wouldn't want my family/loved to always associate a great song with a sad event for the rest of their lives.

Back in Junior High school, my friends and I used to make back puns/jokes about this kind of thing. For example:

Q-What's the worst song to play at the funeral of someone who died of asthma?
A-"Take my Breath Away"

Q-What's the worst song to play at the funeral of someone who died after stepping into an empty elevator shaft?
A-"Free Fallin' "

Q-What's the worst song to play at the funeral of someone who died in an earthquake?
A-"I Feel the Earth Move"

Yes, we had a lot of time on our hands...

Back in Junior High school, my friends and I used to make back puns/jokes about this kind of thing. For example:

A-"Take my Breath Away"

Q-What's the worst song to play at the funeral of someone who died after stepping into an empty elevator shaft?
A-"Free Fallin' "

Q-What's the worst song to play at the funeral of someone who died in an earthquake?

:lol:

A-"Take my Breath Away"

A-"Free Fallin' "

:lol:

Seriously...what a depressing topic to come across on this website. :| However, I have to agree with a few of you...MLK or Kite.

Back
Top Bottom