What would you do after U2? My reflections on Kite.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That was part of my reasoning for making the trek to Moncton. Who knows what will happen? Shit, none of us can predict what's going to happen to us, much less what's going to happen to four members of a band who could decide (or be forced to) call it quits (or stop touring) for any number of reasons.

This was the reasoning I brought to a certain fellow U2 fan/Interferer 10 years ago this month as rationale to hop on a flight to Miami..sure glad we did, even though my fears turned out to be unfounded!! :D

I would be ok with it. 46 shows, at least 2 every tour since War, met the band, own tons of unlistened/unwatched boots, saw a great "final" show at Anaheim 2, and met lots of folks over the years that share my same passion for the band.

I loved The Police and The Cars in HS and both those bands broke up and I'm still ok. (And I saw both of them on their "reunion tours" so there would always be that)

I haven't been a fan long enough to miss them too much, but they still are my favorite band. I'd be disappointed if I couldn't see at least one U2 show in my lifetime. :(

I would cope I think... But of course I would be devastated to never get to see them play live. U2 are a huge part of my life. And actually I listen to other music much more than U2.. but after listening to a lot of non-U2 music and then turn on for example streets.. It makes me feel like home.

I go to every show thinking it might be the last, that's how I am. It makes you appreciate things more. There are always things that can happen suddenly, maybe Bono's injury last year made me realise that even more. He's fine now and I'm glad all the others are fine and healthy to work, to tour, to make new music, but you never know. I have learned not to take anything in life for granted, not to procrastinate stuff, so I always go to a show thinking it might be the last one. Not only for U2, but for me, too. You never know. So I totally try to appreciate the moment without thinking of the past or of the future too much. I'm glad to be living in U2's time and feel blessed that they are still around making music and that a lot of stuff is still possible, so I try not to think about the "end" too much, because it's inevitable anyway. Everything has an end and I think instead of speculating about it we should try to appreciate the present.

That's just my (philosophical) take on the issue :D

my last U2 show in 2010 was very special to me in many ways... it would be a good one to remember them by... tbh every show i see i think might be my last anyway... i'm morbid like that lol - i kind of live very much in the "now" - hell, i don't know where i'll be in 5 years time, never mind U2 lol :D

I already thought the Vertigo Tour would be the last one.....I had this feeling at the time, hearing them playing a lot of the Boy album.... it didn't happen. I don't know how I would feel, since their music is with me every day since 1989.... and is part of my life in a way. I guess that will happen 1 day, like REM did....(I hope it doesn't give U2 the same idea...). Fortunately I like other bands, they are all quite old as well, The Cure, Depeche Mode, Soundgarden..... at least Muse is still young....I can destroy my ears listening to them, but U2 will always remain my best band ever and ever! :love:

After hearing of a U2 breakup, I'd probably take a nice long bathroom visit. It's where I do my best and most meditative thinking.

Maybe I'll bring my iPad along and pump up some Killers jams.

After hearing of a U2 breakup, I'd probably take a nice long bathroom visit. It's where I do my best and most meditative thinking.

Maybe I'll bring my iPad along and pump up some Killers jams.

I was on a camp the other week, and one of the speakers said meditation is like "taking a mental shit".

Between 2005-08, I essentially lived my life like they didn't exist because I was disgusted by Hutub.

Hut Tub?

injury last year

Drama queen/+stunt = Breaking up only to go on a reunion tour

Bono said in 2005 that if he gave up making music that his soul would shrivel. This was in reply to a question by the interviewer whether he'd leave the band and become a full time politician. Does no one care about this man's mental health? All the band members said that they are in U2 until they die. Maybe Bono and The Edge will still make music, because I don't see them two giving up.

Are you sure that's not really Brian Eno?

I've no idea how he came up with that term, but I'm quite enjoying it. Indeed, we should have cutesy little names for each album. ATYCLB could be 'Yer Behind', and NLOTH could be 'No Line Whore'. Anyone with me??
Bono said in 2005 that if he gave up making music that his soul would shrivel.
I believe it was his penis that he was referring to...

I'd remember seeing them on tour and all the fun that I had along with it -- life isn't supposed to be filled with grief, nor sorrow -- but really a celebration of moments and things that you really enjoyed. I would ALWAYS watch clips from their older tours and listen to music as if they never left... a powerful song always sticks around and NEVER ages. Plus, it'd be an easier way to meet Bono with all his free time :wink:

I would go through a period of mourning for sure. U2 is my favorite musical act ever and I would feel pretty devastated if they won't even do a farewell tour. I wasn't able to see their last tour due to financial issues, so it would be sad for me to say the last time I saw them in concert was the Vertigo tour.

But I will always cherish my NLOTH CD signed by Bono!

I think I'll be fine when they stop releasing new material. There's so much in their catalog already. I will really, really miss the tours, though. Hopefully this isn't something we have to deal with for a long time.

Back
Top Bottom