What would be your 20th Anniversary Achtung Baby Special Edition Release?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Just for fun, if U2 do the same thing for Achting Baby in 2011 as they did for the Joshua Tree in 2007, what sort would you personally put in it? What would be your B-Side/special edition bonus disk? What would be on your DVD bonus disk?

Just been listening to the Joshua Tree 20th Anniversary edition for the first time in a good while. Its a fantastic release. What would be the likelyhood that they do the same for Achtung Baby?

i'd put on all the b-sides:
- alex descends into hell for a bottle of milk/korova 1
- lady with the spinning head (extended dance remix) (yep i put it under b-sides and not remixes because to me the remix is so much better than the uv1 version)
- salome
- where did it all go wrong
- paint it black
- fortunate son

SOME remixes:
- lounge fly mix...maybe
- mysterious ways (perfecto mix)
- any perfecto mix really

though i wouldn't be heartbroken if they didn't include fortunate son and paint it black. :giggle: also, it'd be cool to include some choice cuts from the salome outtakes, or even a whole new set of demos. i know it'd be too much to ask for them to include an additional cd of demos, especially since they didn't do that for jt either, but to include one or two songs (especially if it's unreleased stuff like they did with jt) that were demos, it'd be neat.

Maybe another dvd with a full live show. The zoo tour lasted so long that there were several evolutions of it. So maybe another version to go along with the Sydney version.

I'd want everything imaginable on DVDs. I'd want as many concerts as U2 have filmed all nicely remastered and I'd want full-length interviews about the album, not just the Zoo TV tour -- including stuff various music news shows would have filmed, but that might have been edited out.

I'd pay extra for that! However, I fear a poorly done job that Universal might encourage to hold something in reserve for a future cash-in. At the very least I expect a new full concert from before Zoomerang!

Maybe another dvd with a full live show. The zoo tour lasted so long that there were several evolutions of it. So maybe another version to go along with the Sydney version.

I like the sound of this. MacPhisto is cool, but Mirrorball Man needs some DVD lovin', too! He has a vision...

I like the "Even Better" instrumental demos. Just hearing the band improv on that incredibly danceable riff. Also, "Heaven & Hell," "Sick for Love" and "Wake Up Dead Man" from the Berlin sessions.

I was thinking about this recently actually. I think it would be pretty cool if they included a full Zoo TV show but had it progressing at stages through the setlist from one evolution of the tour to the next. For instance -

(Indoor gig - USA)
Intro/We Will Rock You
Zoo Station
The Fly
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Mysterious Ways
One-Unchained Melody

(Indoor - Europe)
Until the End of the World
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
New Year's Day

(Outside Broadcast)
Wild Rover/Dirty Old Town (Larry solo)
Tryin to Throw Your Arms Around The World
Angel of Harlem
When Love Comes to Town
Satellite of Love
Bad-All I Want Is You
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
Where the Streets Have No Name
Pride (in the name of love)
I still Haven't found/Stand By Me

(Zooropa)
Desire
Ultra Violet (light my way)
(Zoomerang)
Lemon
With or Without You
Love Is Blindness
Can't Help Falling In Love

I appreciate that the last encore/MacPhisto bit has been seen already with Sydney DVD but I think it would be really good if the tour were to evolve as the setlist went along, and since most of the setlists were standard it would be easily achieved. What do people think??

An earlier show from America where Bono was the mirrorball man.

The Achtung Baby VHS tape was included on the ZooTV Sydney DVD so you can count that out as an extra for the CD re-issue.

I would absolutely love to see Stockholm on a full-quality DVD. I play the proshot bootleg as much as I play my Sydney DVD... a full-quality version of that show would be something like heaven for me. That show is amazing.

An earlier show from America where Bono was the mirrorball man.

The Achtung Baby VHS tape was included on the ZooTV Sydney DVD so you can count that out as an extra for the CD re-issue.

The Achtung Baby Interference VHS tape was included on the ZooTV Sydney DVD, but it didn't include the actual music videos that were originally a part of it. In most cases, this doesn't really matter because we can get the music videos on the Best Of 1990-2000, but there are at least two videos that aren't on the Best Of 1990-2000 that were on that Interference tape, the two I'm thinking of being the Buffalo version of One(the Drag and Bar versions are on the Best Of 1990-2000, but not the Buffalo verison) and a version of EBTTRT(there were three on the VHS, and two of them are on the Best of 1990-2000). Just thought I'd point that out.

For the 20th anniversary, I'd delete it from the record label's catalogue. :drool:

For the 20th anniversary, I'd delete it from the record label's catalogue. :drool:

Hey Mate :wave:, I see AB has weathered well with you, you've tempered your true feelings for the Disc!!!! :lol:

I would like to see them put on Bonus DVD UltraViolet played 17 times at 17 differing shows and release under guise "Axver's greatest U2 Hits".

Please let this be so :pray:

Hey Mate :wave:, I see AB has weathered well with you, you've tempered your true feelings for the Disc!!!! :lol:

I would like to see them put on Bonus DVD UltraViolet played 17 times at 17 differing shows and release under guise "Axver's greatest U2 Hits".

I'd like that for a lot of reasons.

I would love to see a additional DVD from a concert. So sad they didn't shoot something with 35mm. :sad:

Would be one of my biggest U2 dream - the team from Rattle and Hum (Joneau etc.) would have shot a big ZooTV stadium gig. -

I just hate this cheap Video-picture-look on the Syndey DVD... :angry::down:

Will there be a special commentary on the bonus DVD by me? :hyper:

The bonus DVD could resemble the Joshua Tree one...

- Some concert

- FOX TV Special (instead of MTV special)

- Unreleased on DVD AB-era videos (Love Is Blindness, EBTRT (version 3), UTEOTW, One (version 2)

Sounds good enough. :up:

They'll probably just give us an mp3 CD of the Salome bootlegs or something.

Just for fun, if U2 do the same thing for Achting Baby in 2011 as they did for the Joshua Tree in 2007, what sort would you personally put in it? What would be your B-Side/special edition bonus disk? What would be on your DVD bonus disk?

Just been listening to the Joshua Tree 20th Anniversary edition for the first time in a good while. Its a fantastic release. What would be the likelyhood that they do the same for Achtung Baby?

A DELUXE box, similar to the Joshua Tree box but MORE super-deluxe (why not dream out loud, right?):

CD1: Achtung Baby (remastered)
CD2: Best of AB Sessions (remixed/remastered)
CD3: B-Sides (actual outtakes and b's, not DJ mixes)
DVD1: Best pro shot indoor show from 1st two legs of ZOO tours.
DVD2: Opening night of Zooropa in Rotterdam or Dublin closing night of Zooropa (before the break before Zoomerang). That Dublin show was great!

A DELUXE book of Pictures from the AB Sessions and AB alternate artwork and... anything else great... Plus one of the Ecu money that they shot outta cannons at the shows. =O)

Back
Top Bottom