What would be your 20th Anniversary Achtung Baby Special Edition Release?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i want the full JT treatment in a nice box the same size, the bonus cd with ZERO remixes and a couple of songs we've never heard before, maybe one recently finished (wave of sorrow- style)

and on the dvd, a full concert - not the sydney one. Maybe one with Mirrorball man / Ultraviolet

Bonus tracks on the dvd - Zooropa played live, and an interview where Adam explains why the hell they never play Acrobat.

-burn your house down(100x better than ABOY)
-bjorn & benny video
-full live version video of So Cruel(never bootlegged)
-detroit pizza call video
-zoo station instrumental alt mix on MS single
-UTEOTW alt mix on soundtrack
-acrobat live video
-miami TOTP "one"
-detroit songs for MTV & speeches video
-drunk AMA award acceptance speech
-UTEOTW sacramento video for FeddieFest
-lou reed duet video
-dan lanois duet video
-4 version sof the ONE video?
-Blindness music video
-slow dancing live video
-mystery girl live video
-spanish eyes live video
-redemption song live video
-dirty old town live video(Larry lead vocal!!)
-soundcheck videos of unreleased songs, including Adam discovering the Dirty Day bass line. AFAIK video is running during rehearsals. They have audio soundchecks going back to at least 84.

double luxury deluxe
'attention kinder'
37 pound

achtung baby remastered CD
bsides and remixes CD
the best of zoo tv DVD
the rare sessions audio to graphics DVD
poster ( zoo tv graphic with band stills in the video screen)
achtung baby book entitled dreaming it all up again
downloadable zoo tv confessionals

double deluxe
caution: box set
27 pound

achtung baby remastered CD
the b sides and remixes CD
the best of zoo tv (10 song set only)
achtung baby book
poster

deluxe box set
the baby box
20 pound

achtung baby remastered
downloadable 'the best of zoo tv (10 song set version)
the b sides
downloadable wallpaper/screen saver (online poster equivalent)
achtung baby magazine (book equivalent)

remastered edition:
achtung, 2009!
15 pound

remastered CD
downloadable zootv 10 song set
magazine

the achtung baby remastered CD 10 pound
achtung baby CD/ bonus track: lady with the spinning head/downloadable premier edit of zoo station live 1992.

A DELUXE box, similar to the Joshua Tree box but MORE super-deluxe (why not dream out loud, right?):

CD1: Achtung Baby (remastered)
CD2: Best of AB Sessions (remixed/remastered)
CD3: B-Sides (actual outtakes and b's, not DJ mixes)
DVD1: Best pro shot indoor show from 1st two legs of ZOO tours.
DVD2: Opening night of Zooropa in Rotterdam or Dublin closing night of Zooropa (before the break before Zoomerang). That Dublin show was great!

A DELUXE book of Pictures from the AB Sessions and AB alternate artwork and... anything else great... Plus one of the Ecu money that they shot outta cannons at the shows. =O)

:up:

I'd vote:
DVD 1: Washington DC or Stockholm. Bonus: Hershey rehersals, though I don't know if they were ever video recorded.
DVD 2: Dublin. Bonus: Interference video

A DELUXE box, similar to the Joshua Tree box but MORE super-deluxe (why not dream out loud, right?):

CD1: Achtung Baby (remastered)
CD2: Best of AB Sessions (remixed/remastered)
CD3: B-Sides (actual outtakes and b's, not DJ mixes)
DVD1: Best pro shot indoor show from 1st two legs of ZOO tours.
DVD2: Opening night of Zooropa in Rotterdam or Dublin closing night of Zooropa (before the break before Zoomerang). That Dublin show was great!

A DELUXE book of Pictures from the AB Sessions and AB alternate artwork and... anything else great... Plus one of the Ecu money that they shot outta cannons at the shows. =O)

THIS is what I want - but take out that Zooropa show and save it for the Zooropa remaster release! :)

We could even replace it with another CD - best of Achtung's remixes...

..... It would be cool if there was a new pack of Achtung condoms!!! LOL!

Does anyone recall a Channel 4 [UK] doc that aired at the end of 1992, a few days earlier they had shown the premiere of the WGRYWH? video, I remember taping them both back then, and at the end of this ZOO TV show they had a fake U2 playing in some studio [maybe the band from the Soho EBTTRT shoot?], and possibly an RTE studio, while the real band watched from the audience and then sneaked out...

That'd be nice as an extra too. It had all sorts of weird shit like a fan stalking Adam lying on a bed and some sorta JP Gaultier wannabee doing links... I guess it might have been a UK cut of an existing US TV show? ah dunno? anyho, it was fun!

Does anyone recall a Channel 4 [UK] doc that aired at the end of 1992, a few days earlier they had shown the premiere of the WGRYWH? video, I remember taping them both back then, and at the end of this ZOO TV show they had a fake U2 playing in some studio [maybe the band from the Soho EBTTRT shoot?], and possibly an RTE studio, while the real band watched from the audience and then sneaked out...

That'd be nice as an extra too. It had all sorts of weird shit like a fan stalking Adam lying on a bed and some sorta JP Gaultier wannabee doing links... I guess it might have been a UK cut of an existing US TV show? ah dunno? anyho, it was fun!

I htink I have the German PPV version of that show. It's a cool trip, though impractical as a concert video.

Yeah the TV show with that fake band was great! "Boy, have they changed!" I have it somewhere, but no way I could find it right now. They were called the Doppelgängers. Don't know if they get along anymore though, they might have fallen out.

I would expect

Cd 1: Fully remastered audio
Cd 2: B-Sides, rarities, new songs etc

DVD: Achtung Baby (videos, cameos, and a whole lotta interference from ZooTV)
ZooTV show (either Stockholm or Washington)
Extra/related film clips (IE Night & Day)
Easter Egg: If it is the Washington show, then the set with Bjorn and Benny as the Easter egg, if it is the Stockholm show, then maybe a zootv confessionals or macphisto special feature

Definitely should revamp the album since it's a bit tired according to Bono. Maybe give us a Vertigo live rendition of The Fly in place of the original. Definitely would prefer the Mary J Blige version of One as well. Then the album might almost be their second best.

Definitely should revamp the album since it's a bit tired according to Bono. Maybe give us a Vertigo live rendition of The Fly in place of the original. Definitely would prefer the Mary J Blige version of One as well. Then the album might almost be their second best.

I... wait! You're having us on! You're hilarious! Thank you!

Laugh all you want....but when a completely re-recorded Zooropa lands on your doorstop with an out of breath Bono vocal from 2010, you'll be sorry. :|

This needs an audiophile cd and/or vinyl pressing.

I didn't think that my vinyl copy was much better than the cd. Even the music videos DVD uses the same 16-bit digital source(rather than hi-rez - like REM have released)

Here's what you will get:

Disc 1: Achtung Baby (Remastered)

1. Zoo Station
2. Even Better Than the Real Thing
3. One
4. Until the End of the World
5. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
6. So Cruel
7. The Fly
8. Mysterious Ways
9. Tryin' to Throw Your Arms Around the World
10. Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
11. Acrobat
12. Love Is Blindness

Disc 2: B-Sides and Rarities

1. Alex Descends Into Hell for a Bottle of Milk / Korova 1
2. Lady with the Spinning Head (UV1)
3. Satellite of Love
4. Night and Day (Steel String Remix)
5. Salomé
6. Where Did It All Go Wrong?
7. Lady with the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Remix)
8. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (Temple Bar Edit)
9. Paint It Black
10. Fortunate Son
11. Mysterious Ways Remix
12. Mysterious Ways Remix
13. Mysterious Ways Remix
14. Even Better Than the Real Thing Remix

DVD: Zoo TV Outside Broadcast: Washington DC

Disc 2: B-Sides and Rarities

1. Alex Descends Into Hell for a Bottle of Milk / Korova 1
2. Lady with the Spinning Head (UV1)
3. Satellite of Love
4. Night and Day (Steel String Remix)
5. Salomé
6. Where Did It All Go Wrong?
7. Lady with the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Remix)
8. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (Temple Bar Edit)
9. Paint It Black
10. Fortunate Son
11. Mysterious Ways Remix
12. Mysterious Ways Remix
13. Mysterious Ways Remix
14. Even Better Than the Real Thing Remix

DVD: Zoo TV Outside Broadcast: Washington DC

Can't Help Falling in Love was also a B-side. As was The Fly remix on the cd single that has added lyrics(?) There was also an alternate studio mix of UTEOTW on a Wim Wenders soundtrack cd. And the instrumental Zoo Station remix on the Miss Sarajevo cd single and the Japan AB cd bonus track(?).

Plus they'll add a polished up version of some unfinished song(s) from the era.

CD 1 - remaster

CD 2 - All the B-sides, plus one reworked song

DVD - Stockholm or Washington (maybe some Berlin footage ?)

What?Stockholm and Washington? Sure we've all heard of that.What about the Sellafield concert? Manchester. Then as bonus material, U2 on the beach, the balloons going across to ireland, and so on. Maybe even a mini-documentary in the style of "Missing Sarajevo"

Hmmm. I'd like a DVD of the Dublin Zoo TV gig. Lots and lots of Mirrorball Man footage. And Macphisto performing Ultra Violet. And all of MacP's infamous telephone calls that were recorded.

I'd love the Dublin show on DVD. Do you think Zooropa will get a re-release at the same time or will they give it some space?
I hope the box is shaped like a Trabant.

Back
Top Bottom